What to Grow ??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are any of you growing Tea or some sort of beverage ingredient
I should probably look up sugar and how to grow it too because you need it to can fruits and to use in drinks and cooking. Do any of you grow something out of the ordinary like Sugar, Tea, Tobacco, Coffee ...
I want some ideas to look into for my growing collection of things to know or grow.

plus it might help you all share ideas an such :) Tea could be grown well here in Texas since it like dry soil and Heat.
I like the idea of bees for honey instead of sugar. Much healthier- and honey is also good for aiding in wound healing.

i just joined a site with heirloom seeds.they have a pretty nice selection of seeds..and i'll be buying a few packets when payday comes around..

i just joined a site with heirloom seeds.they have a pretty nice selection of seeds..and i'll be buying a few packets when payday comes around..
What's the website? I saw a documentary about a company that wants to get a monopoly on seeds. They manufacture food additives I think and the seeds are modified probably. I'd love to get heirloom seeds so I'm not growing poison.

oh yeah..im also looking into survivalseeds4patriots for heirloom seeds as well
Great! Thank you. I'm look at both sites. Do you know the cancer rate in the 40's was 1 out of 16 people and today it's one out of 2? Scary. And that was around the advent of pesticides and fertilizers. Big business instead of family farming. Mass production. And we eat that poison everyday.

What's the website? I saw a documentary about a company that wants to get a monopoly on seeds. They manufacture food additives I think and the seeds are modified probably. I'd love to get heirloom seeds so I'm not growing poison.

Yep, that would be Monsanto. They are complete and total shit.

mypatriotsupply.com is the one i just joined

Nice, I just found out about them yesterday!

only pesticide i use,is the ones to get rid of ants..other then that.i have nothing to do with.especilly when it comes to crops..and as for as fertilizers go..only when needed..there's a hay feild behind where i live..they use chicken manure for fertilizer..and thats what im gonna use...i tryed my hand at tobaco this year..total failer there.so i have a garden area i can start with when next growing season starts up..thats why im stocking up on seeds now..and when the time comes.i'll be getting a canning/presure cooker and other stuff for canning..includeing recipes for what i'll be growing and for diff meats as well.mainly what (we'll) actully eat..

Last edited:
only pesticide i use,is the ones to get rid of ants..other then that.i have nothing to do with.especilly when it comes to crops..and as for as fertilizers go..only when needed..there's a hay feild behind where i live..they use chicken manure for fertilizer..and thats what im gonna use...i tryed my hand at tobaco this year..total failer there.so i have a garden area i can start with when next growing season starts up..thats why im stocking up on seeds now..and when the time comes.i'll be getting a canning/presure cooker and other stuff for canning..includeing recipes for what i'll be growing and for diff meats as well.mainly what (we'll) actully eat..

If you want to repel bugs naturally, make a tea out of some tobacco. I take a can of skull and soak it in a bucket of water for a couple days. Then strain and put it in a sprayer.

If you want to repel bugs naturally, make a tea out of some tobacco. I take a can of skull and soak it in a bucket of water for a couple days. Then strain and put it in a sprayer.
I think it's interesting that even bugs know tobacco is bad for you but people use it prolifically.

It's more to the side of fooling your body into thinking something has sugar in it when it doesn't. It releases the nessesary stuff to prepare the body for sugar digestion only to have it not be there causing a mini diabetic episode in the body. to many of those and they become a problem.

http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/ar...ect-blood-glucose-levels-and-insulin-response
I really appreciate that, here I thought it was a healthy substitute. Luckily I never got to used to the green flavor with it. I really like the post by misty about honey, sweetener that boosts your immune system and other health benefits.

Walther pk380- my handgun. lol
I'm not real familiar with firearms, even though I have a few, but I have good advice for everyone out there, never cross a pretty lady that knows the make and model of her handgun! Stay safe, brent

Great! Thank you. I'm look at both sites. Do you know the cancer rate in the 40's was 1 out of 16 people and today it's one out of 2? Scary. And that was around the advent of pesticides and fertilizers. Big business instead of family farming. Mass production. And we eat that poison everyday.
A 50% cancer rate is really scary. There's no doubt, most people in this country eat more chemicals than food. I eat mostly whole foods, but even whole foods have more crap in it than most realize. The chickens they raise here in n ga. Are full size in 6 to 7 weeks, my hens are over a year old before there big enough to eat. I don't know what they give them, but I have little doubt the companies don't care if it is healthy for us, as long as it's profitable. I got three new zeland white rabbits recently to supplement my meat supply. Haven't had any babies yet, but am a little anxious about how I'm going to handle skinning the cute little buggers! (Just keep thinking barbecue.)

A 50% cancer rate is really scary. There's no doubt, most people in this country eat more chemicals than food. I eat mostly whole foods, but even whole foods have more crap in it than most realize. The chickens they raise here in n ga. Are full size in 6 to 7 weeks, my hens are over a year old before there big enough to eat. I don't know what they give them, but I have little doubt the companies don't care if it is healthy for us, as long as it's profitable. I got three new zeland white rabbits recently to supplement my meat supply. Haven't had any babies yet, but am a little anxious about how I'm going to handle skinning the cute little buggers! (Just keep thinking barbecue.)
I couldn't skin anything. I'll stick to vegetables and fruit. lol

well i already have 3 packets of tomato seeds.and just ordered 1 packet of type seed early summer crookneck Squash.. carrot tendersweet.. emerald okra and golden bantam yellow sweet corn..

Latest posts

Back