Quantcast

What the heck is with "Push Notifications" !!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Urbanprep

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Every day I am asked to accept "Push Notifications". When I decline, I am offered the choice of "Never ask Again", which I select every time. The the next time I log in, I am again asked if I want to accept push notifications. What part of NEVER AS AGAIN does the system not understand?

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are using Chrome, here is how to stop that:

Allow or block notifications from all sites

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More
    and then
    Settings.
  3. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  4. Click Notifications.
  5. Choose to block or allow notifications:
    • Allow or Block all: Turn on or off Sites can ask to send notifications.
    • Block a site: Next to "Block," click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
    • Allow a site: Next to "Allow," click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
    • Allow quieter notification prompts: Allow sites to ask to send notifications, then click Use quieter messaging (blocks notification prompts from interrupting you). You won't get notifications after you ignore multiple notifications from a site, or if other users typically don't allow notifications from a site.

Danil54grl

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I have only been asked once, but I stay logged in on my tablet and computer. They never leave home and we have a security on our internet.

Urbanprep

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
If you are using Chrome, here is how to stop that:

Allow or block notifications from all sites

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More
    and then
    Settings.
  3. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  4. Click Notifications.
  5. Choose to block or allow notifications:
    • Allow or Block all: Turn on or off Sites can ask to send notifications.
    • Block a site: Next to "Block," click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
    • Allow a site: Next to "Allow," click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
    • Allow quieter notification prompts: Allow sites to ask to send notifications, then click Use quieter messaging (blocks notification prompts from interrupting you). You won't get notifications after you ignore multiple notifications from a site, or if other users typically don't allow notifications from a site.
I use opera. I would think this option would be connected to the user login setting, not the user's browser. If it can be turned off great, if not, then I will just keep telling it NO.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home » Software
How to disable notifications in Opera Browser

How to disable notifications in Opera Browser. How to enable do not disturb me feature in Opera Web Browser
The do not disturb me feature is use to set which sites are allowed to send notifications.
The do not disturb me feature is met to prevent sites from showing notifications.
Opera has three options for notification
i) Allow all sites to show desktop notifications (All websites will show notifications)
ii) Ask me when a site wants to show desktop notifications (Set websites allowed to show notifications)
iii) Do not allow any site to show desktop notification (All websites are disabled from showing notifications)
To disable notification from any site. Please follow the instruction listed below:
1) Launch the Opera browser.
2) Go the Menu and click on Settings or press Alt + P on your keyboard to go to settings.
Opera Menu

3) The Settings Window will be showed.
Opera Settings

4) On the left hand side of settings page, click on Websites.
Opera Websites Settings

5) Scroll down, You will see notifications. You will check the Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications, this will disable notification from any website.
Opera Notifications

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I had it when using firefox, even with the browser closed I got notifications, it wasn't bad but i got annoyed when you guys were hot on a topic and I kept getting popups after popups when I was trying to use a spreadsheet. You guys pissed me off so much I turned it off lol.

Karloshi

God Like
Reaction score
Every day I am asked to accept "Push Notifications". When I decline, I am offered the choice of "Never ask Again", which I select every time. The the next time I log in, I am again asked if I want to accept push notifications. What part of NEVER AS AGAIN does the system not understand?
Could it be that you have it set to clear the cache when closing the browser and that is resetting it?

Latest posts