What knife to use chart :)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
upload_2020-3-16_8-59-17.jpeg

Use a suppressor, and you can drop them in the isles. Knife / sword too up close and personal, also blood splatter is hard to get out of your clothes.

Use a suppressor, and you can drop them in the isles. Knife / sword too up close and personal, also blood splatter is hard to get out of your clothes.
Yeah, too personal for my tastes. If I had to do the knife thing though my choice would be a light long sword, with a short sword for my left hand.

I guess I'll have to buy extra hydrogen peroxide. It hasn't really been touched even though the hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol are all gone.

I prefer a Marine-style ka-bar knife for fighting, but I'll use anything I have at the moment.

I also like using a tanto, as the geometry of the blade lends itself to penetrating thick clothing and certian forms of armor.

I also have been practicing with a Fairbain-Sykes commando dagger, but I'm not as confident with this blade as I am with a military ka-bar (or it's closely related cousin made by Camillus).

I have also practiced tomahawk techniques, and found that my cheap Coleman Walmart hatchet is an acceptable substitute for a real tomahawk.

My favorite military style knife is my SOG Seal Team 2000 knife that I got almost 20 years ago (I had the blade Cerakoted).

I still usually carry my cheap Aqualung dive knife when I feel like a sheath knife, though, as I like to hike, kayak, and do a lot of other activities around water.

So, despite my vast collection, my cheap dive knife gets carried the most.

Whenever I buy a new knife, I justify it to myself that I can use them for trade post SHTF and/or TEOTWAWKI.

I prefer a Marine-style ka-bar knife for fighting, but I'll use anything I have at the moment.

I also like using a tanto, as the geometry of the blade lends itself to penetrating thick clothing and certian forms of armor.

I also have been practicing with a Fairbain-Sykes commando dagger, but I'm not as confident with this blade as I am with a military ka-bar (or it's closely related cousin made by Camillus).

I have also practiced tomahawk techniques, and found that my cheap Coleman Walmart hatchet is an acceptable substitute for a real tomahawk.

My favorite military style knife is my SOG Seal Team 2000 knife that I got almost 20 years ago (I had the blade Cerakoted).

I still usually carry my cheap Aqualung dive knife when I feel like a sheath knife, though, as I like to hike, kayak, and do a lot of other activities around water.

So, despite my vast collection, my cheap dive knife gets carried the most.

Whenever I buy a new knife, I justify it to myself that I can use them for trade post SHTF and/or TEOTWAWKI.
I believe one can never have too many knives. Even cheap crappy ones have their uses.

Tomahawk and knife or machete 18 inch and knife are my preferred method of close combat.

the tomahawk is hard to beat along with a 5 to 7 inch Bowie type knife,,,,,I still like the 1911 best with hollow points and if concealment is not a problem,the 870 pump 20 inch barrel with buck shot will stop any attacker

I'm finally getting my stuff out of storage and unpacked. I found a lot of my skinning knives, pocket knives and belt knives. Some I'd forgotten that I had.
I also came across my father in laws bayonet that he gave me years ago. Also have my fathers bayonet and his 1903 A3. Both were marines in Korea, and dad served in WW2 and Korea.

Latest posts

Back