What kind of bag are you using as a bug out bag?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your fitter than me then for sure mate I know my area so well and where I am I have honest to god a tunnel within 1 mile, a fort or castle within 2 miles, then when you hit the 5 mile mark there is 12 bunkers see my thread called bunkers, and another 2 forts and also loads of woodland and various other hiding spot like caves etc but what I'm saying is I'm SURE in a leg It situation I definately wouldn't have to run ten miles no way lol

Lol I don't think I will actually HAVE to do it, but I'd rather know I can and not have to then have to and not be able to do it ya know? I saw your tunnel in bunkers and that is SWEET! I built a bunker for myself (I'm a Welding Engineer so I did all the metal work myself as well as most of the interior construction and contracted out the electrical and plumbing to out of state contractors) poured concrete 2 ft thick around the bloody thing and buried it 15 ft below the surface! And I built it on land I own up north below the existing house on the land with access from the house, or from the yard. Ain't got any pics yet but I'll get some posted as soon as I can.

I just purchased a bag today from, of all places, walmart! It is a tactical bag, marpat design and it is considered a MOLLE pack. It has the MOLLE system all over the front and sides, then has a compartment inside for a camelback. It has TONS of compartments and storage space and has the spot on the bottom to strap on your mat or sleeping bag. You can add on to it with other bags available from walmart too. I got the smalled one for only 20 bucks but they had a much larger version that was more like 2 packs in one, more like a typical day pack that the military would hump with. I am psyched and can't wait to pack it up!
What model did you buy? Do you have the model number of the other larger one?

Im actually using a walmart hiking bag... Great bag, water proof many pockets(some hidden) and cheap

I did the 5K at 7, without any problem. At 12 I was running 6 miles a day. Didn't you see that news report on that 3 or 4 year old that jogs miles everyday. Was on a few years ago, talk about props.

Shotgun 12 gauge tactical (main weapon)
hipoint 9mm
Browning micro bow (food!)
gerber defender knife
nicotine variant (im a chewer)
mres
Electrical and duct tape
knife sharpener
sleeping bag
change of clothse
and bar of soap

all in a blackhawk tactical
18-134-IMG1_L.jpeg

hipoint 9mm
gerber defender knife
mres
Electrical and duct tape
knife sharpener
sleeping bag
change of clothse
and bar of soap

hipoint 9mm
gerber defender knife
mres
Electrical and duct tape
knife sharpener
sleeping bag
change of clothse
and bar of soap

How about a small tarp or bivi bag an some paracord ?

In depends on what type of bag will suit you. You do not need big bags that have huge capacity but you cannot lift, always remembers that when bagging out, you need to be able to run fast, and move smoothly.

I just using a Alice pack with frame loaded with stand prep gear plus a Romanian gas mask I got for cheap. Being in nyc means no guns for me until I bug out to my parents in CT so i have to use a staff or my "walking stick".

I am using this pack... Don't remember the brand name but I have used it as a book bag for years. I just pulled it out of storage to use as my BOB.

It has a small pack attached to the front that can detach and be a scout bag, or incase I need to leave my BOB some place safe.

I use a Kelty Redwing 3100, my wife and daughter have the 2500. Built heavy duty for backpacking. Plenty of pockets. It also does not look "tactical". The last thing I want is to draw more attention to myself then necessary. We use are packs for going to Boundary Waters canoeing, camping and just for general packing. Most of the time they are packed for the unexpected. Most of the gear I carry I take on my other excursions. Best part of the this bag is the size. Big enough to get everything in I want, small enough its not cumbersome for long treks.

I use a Kelty Redwing 3100, my wife and daughter have the 2500. Built heavy duty for backpacking. Plenty of pockets. It also does not look "tactical". The last thing I want is to draw more attention to myself then necessary. We use are packs for going to Boundary Waters canoeing, camping and just for general packing. Most of the time they are packed for the unexpected. Most of the gear I carry I take on my other excursions. Best part of the this bag is the size. Big enough to get everything in I want, small enough its not cumbersome for long treks.

Can't go wrong with a Kelty.

And what would be best for two adults and two young children? Also, what do you have/are going to have in it?

The bag and items in ours: http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/bug-out-bag-help.1316/#post-16524

Utilizing a toboggan may be a option to look into and it is something we included in our bug out plans, with kids perhaps storing pre-sweeten kool-aid, you can use it for multiple uses, masking undesirable taste when foraging, energy, keeping kids somewhat happy in an otherwise bad situation.

And what would be best for two adults and two young children? Also, what do you have/are going to have in it?
I purchased the book called, "Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag; Your 72 Hour Disaster Survival Kit" written by Creek Stewart & Jacqueline Musser. This book has alot of valuable information and different choices to make. Hope this helps :)

I am using a bag by 5.11 called the Rush 72 Backpack. It sells on their site for $179.99
  • 23 H x 15 W x 8 D
  • Water-resistant 1050-denier nylon
  • Flexible main storage compartments
  • Internal dividers
  • Compression straps
  • Hydration pocket
  • Fleece lined eyewear pocket
  • Sternum straps
  • Molle-compatible webbing on front and sides
  • Elastic keeper for strap ends
  • Name tape and flag holder
  • Built-in hip pads
  • Adjustable waistband
  • YKK® zippers
  • Three colors; Black, Flat Dark Earth and Tac OD
Hey Clyde think I got me a good deal on that same bag from Ebay 90 bucks including postage

Alice packs that are issued to the marines currently make great packs and are as rugged as they come. And can be had for $60 used. No need to spend $180 on something that you hope to not use. And can be packed with as little or as much as you need. Of course they are not for the lil ones.

Latest posts

Back