What is your EDC flashlight ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Testing out the defiant 20 lumen pen light.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346699228.593730.jpg

I am never anywhere that I need to have a flashlight on my person every day. My pockets are full of too much stuff at any given time for a flashlight. BUT.............I have flashlights everywhere. Spot lights at every door, I own, in every vehicle, Same as fire extinguishers. handy when you need one, but I just personally, dont have a need to carry one. ( if a spotlight is too much, then I like the head strap led lights, just for diggin in the toolbox for stuff, crawling under peoples houses. the hands free is a asset to me, as well as it shines where I am looking all by itself.

I am never anywhere that I need to have a flashlight on my person every day. My pockets are full of too much stuff at any given time for a flashlight. BUT.............I have flashlights everywhere. Spot lights at every door, I own, in every vehicle, Same as fire extinguishers. handy when you need one, but I just personally, dont have a need to carry one. ( if a spotlight is too much, then I like the head strap led lights, just for diggin in the toolbox for stuff, crawling under peoples houses. the hands free is a asset to me, as well as it shines where I am looking all by itself.
I'm a mechanic by trade so a good flashlight is necessary

I'm a mechanic by trade so a good flashlight is necessary

yep, yep, I would see that. and 2 more in your toolbox if you dropped that one and popped a bulb. I have several in the work trucks for same reason.

I don't literally carry it around with me, but I do have a Fenix TA21 LED Flashlight. Have used it for several years and love it, it isn't marketed as waterproof, but I have had it completely submerged and it works great, it is very bright and is fairly small.

I have a couple Harbor Frieght mini leds, but i bought another Harbor Frieght special, its freaken awesome!
Click it once 3leds bright as hell, click again to shut off, click it again 24 leds shine really freaken bright from the side. On the back it has an attached swivil hook to hang it while the 24 leds are on, and a magnite is on the back too. only problem is: no battery compartment for battery replacement, although im damn near positive if you open it (3 phillips screws) you could probably replace them. idk where it is atm lmfao, cuz i use it often, but when i find it ill shoot a pic on here.

0001280050661_300X300.jpg

I carry this every day on my uniform. Its only 3 lumens but its better then nothing when i find myself needing a flashlight. I love that its not bulky, I forget that its there. AND ITS CHEAP! lol.

I have been carrying two different pin lights, the defiant 20 lumens and the coast 9 lumen, the coast has a spot beam like the Bat signal while the defiant is a flood.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352594254.379431.jpg

I have a couple Harbor Frieght mini leds, but i bought another Harbor Frieght special, its freaken awesome!
Click it once 3leds bright as hell, click again to shut off, click it again 24 leds shine really freaken bright from the side. On the back it has an attached swivil hook to hang it while the 24 leds are on, and a magnite is on the back too. only problem is: no battery compartment for battery replacement, although im damn near positive if you open it (3 phillips screws) you could probably replace them. idk where it is atm lmfao, cuz i use it often, but when i find it ill shoot a pic on here.
I have the same one I use it at work.its great under a car because of the magnet/hook.

This is my flashlight review. Somehow I ended up with all these.
From Left to Right:
Ultrafire: Cheap flashlight. Has 5 settings. Strobe, Wide beam, Medium beam, Narrow beam, Flashes SOS in Morse Code. Takes a LC 18650 2400mAh 3.7 V OR 2 Ultrafire ICR 123A 800 mAh batteries. These are slightly bigger than the Energizer 123A batteries.
Ultrfire China Knock Off: Same as above
Smith & Wesson: Comes with case and extra bulb. Very strange Takes Energizer 123A batteries.
to operate. You have to unscrew the bottom to turn it off and on. Has one beam.
Cree Untrafile: Has 5 settings. Strobe, Wide beam, Medium beam, Narrow beam, Flashes SOS in Morse Code. Takes LC18650 2400 mAh 3.7V or 2 ICR 123A 800 mAh. Not a bad flashlight. This is my second choice.
NUFlare Rebel 90: This is my favorite. It takes 2 Energizer 123A battery. Has 1X to 4X adjusting head. Very durable.

Flashlights 1.JPG

Nice line up Loomis, have a thing for lights, huh !!! I am afraid to start on good ones with my addictive personality.

Latest posts

Back