What is your dream prep scenario?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Move to Kansas, buy some land, build and off grid homestead. But I would settle for the right to own 22LR rifles and Pistols without formal police licencing.
Extremely unfortunately, With North Korea there could be radiation. Kansas is a target, but this is a dream.

I think we already have it. We own all the land that we could ever use, plus we have a forest service lease. Parts of this land is heavily timbered, mountain meadows, good water, clean air and lots of wildlife. We're 2 miles off the county road, 18 miles from town (pop 500), 4 miles from the nearest neighbor and county population of 2800. Our place is called an inholding, which means that we own land thats inside of 1.2 million acres of National Forest. We will never have neighbors close to our place. Even on the highest point on our property we can't see another house. And at night there are no yard lights to be seen anywhere. We're on solar power with backup generator.
We have all the equipment needed to work the property and to maintain 2 miles of road; tractor, 2 snow plows, snow cat with snow blower, 2 atv's, 2 jeeps and a truck. We also have a small gravel pit.
We try to be as self sufficient as possible here. We have a large garden area and orchard. We have laying hens, meat chickens in summer, and beef cattle. We butcher 2 steers in the fall, one for us and another for the kids.
I know that someday I'll be too old (63 now) to maintain miles of fencing, putting in 100+ ton of hay and plowing 3 miles of road by myself. So we're looking for another property about 75 miles south of our current location. Closer to a larger town (pop 6,000), lower elevation, with irrigation, and probably not over 100 acres.
Good for you! Don't run out of fuel. I hate to get old. But what you gonna do?

Latest posts

Back