What is the role of farmers in the progress of our country

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harisharandevgan

Reaction score
watering-g0f557fb8d_640.jpg

Farmers play a crucial role in the progress of any country. The most crucial contribution of farmers is to the food security of the country. Farmers are responsible for producing the food that feeds the entire population. Without farmers, food shortages and famine can occur, leading to a host of economic and social problems. the role of farmers is essential to the progress and development of any country. Without farmers, many aspects of society and the economy would suffer, making their contributions invaluable.

View attachment 19111
Farmers play a crucial role in the progress of any country. The most crucial contribution of farmers is to the food security of the country. Farmers are responsible for producing the food that feeds the entire population. Without farmers, food shortages and famine can occur, leading to a host of economic and social problems. the role of farmers is essential to the progress and development of any country. Without farmers, many aspects of society and the economy would suffer, making their contributions invaluable.

Control the food, control the people.

Therefore, I think it is the goal of most governments, to control the farmers.

Increasingly, we are seeing governments telling farmers how and what to produce; don't raise cattle, don't use pesticides, fertilizer etc...on the surface, it may seem like a misguided attempt to "save the environment" but, it is really about controlling the food supply.

For many years here in the states, I have heard city dwellers, using derogatory terms when talking about or to farmers. Their perception is generally that farmers are leaches, taking tax dollars from the government coffers (without a useful return to society). Further, farmers are uneducated idiots, with the intelligence of a doorknob. They are backwards, toothless, inbred hay seeds.

We even had a Democrat presidential candidate state:
“I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer.

“It’s a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, you add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that.”

It would behoove any farmers or ranchers who have been taking loans or subsidies from the government to get out of their dependence or become a lacky of the government.

Control the food, control the people.

Therefore, I think it is the goal of most governments, to control the farmers.

Increasingly, we are seeing governments telling farmers how and what to produce; don't raise cattle, don't use pesticides, fertilizer etc...on the surface, it may seem like a misguided attempt to "save the environment" but, it is really about controlling the food supply.

For many years here in the states, I have heard city dwellers, using derogatory terms when talking about or to farmers. Their perception is generally that farmers are leaches, taking tax dollars from the government coffers (without a useful return to society). Further, farmers are uneducated idiots, with the intelligence of a doorknob. They are backwards, toothless, inbred hay seeds.

We even had a Democrat presidential candidate state:
“I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer.

“It’s a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, you add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that.”

It would behoove any farmers or ranchers who have been taking loans or subsidies from the government to get out of their dependence or become a lacky of the government.

Years ago I bought a ranch that had much of the land enrolled in CRP. I have to admit that it was nice receiving that government check. Since I don't believe in any type of government welfare I started buying back the CRP land. It was expensive but worth it to me. Getting in bed with the government is like getting in bed with the devil. Resist the temptation.

Years ago I bought a ranch that had much of the land enrolled in CRP. I have to admit that it was nice receiving that government check. Since I don't believe in any type of government welfare I started buying back the CRP land. It was expensive but worth it to me. Getting in bed with the government is like getting in bed with the devil. Resist the temptation.

We haven't taken any loans or subsidies either. Everything has been out of pocket. At this point, it is mostly out, and not so much in yet since it is a work in progress. We get a small amount from selling the pecans, fruits and vegetables, but, far from standing on its own two feet yet. Our biggest "crop" is timber but, that takes decades of input without any return. So...my husband keeps his "day job" for now and I farm.

View attachment 19111

What are you seeing happening to farming in India? What kinds of regulations are you seeing being implemented?

We haven't taken any loans or subsidies either. Everything has been out of pocket. At this point, it is mostly out, and not so much in yet since it is a work in progress. We get a small amount from selling the pecans, fruits and vegetables, but, far from standing on its own two feet yet. Our biggest "crop" is timber but, that takes decades of input without any return. So...my husband keeps his "day job" for now and I farm.
We've done everything out of pocket here too. Everything is paid for.
We raise cattle here. Some go to auction and some I feed out and sell or trade locally. Much of our timber is marketable now, but we're saving it for the grandkids. Eventually I'd like to get them a sawmill and teach them how to mill lumber.

My husband is going to buy a sawmill here shortly; we have many large beautiful hardwoods like Mesquite, Walnut, Pecan, Juniper and Oak; all with fabulous graining and colors, that come down on their own and it is a shame to always throw them in the fireplace. I want to build custom furniture and selling "live edge" boards is "in" right now. It is the way of farming, you have to spend money to make money.

I get too attached to my animals to buy them solely for the purpose of selling them to be eaten. If I get a goat or sheep, it will be for milk to make soap, cheese, yarn etc. If I get cattle, same. When the time comes as it does for all living things, they may end up in the freezer but, not at my hand. I hunt but, when an animal is in my care daily, I get attached to them.

I know, I know...I need to get over it and I will if/when it becomes necessary, but, for now, it is how I roll.

Last edited:
Farmers really control the food. These idiot's who want to control everything don't think about where there next meal is coming from. I maybe a city rased kid but I knew where milk came from. A cow.

Latest posts

Back