What is going to be your new years Prepping Resolution?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChancesR

Reaction score
I am going to lose the remaining weight I have stored on me over the years... this time next year I will be slim and trim. I am also quitting Soda again :(

i hadnt even given resolution a thought untill you pointed it out here.besides stocking up on more needed things.first thing comes to mind is get a cabnet or build some shelves for foods in the laundry room..

A few of mine:

1. Getting in better shape (diet, exercise, etc.)
2. Starting the veggie garden (including the fencing) in Feb.
3. Starting the Koi pond and herb garden in Feb.
4. Building the chicken coup/run in Mar.
5. More rain barrels and using one in garden.
6. Get a diesel generator (before the end of 2014)
7. Get a nice hunting rifle (before the end of 2014, likely as a Christmas present)

I am trying to stop SHOPPING for crap I do not need... I will master a skill this upcoming year be it basket weaving or candles... I will lose the rest of the weight (and it is alot) in 2014... my goal is 140 my endocrine doc says 160 tops lol I apparently I really am Big Bone... not to surprised since most of my family is 6 foot the women too.

1. Portable AA recharging Solar Panels (Goal Zero, Eneloop, Recyko)
2. Stock Take my food and Water
3. Write down the Bug in plan and share with the Missus
4. Work on Fishing gear, Hunting gear
5. Finally completing my recipe book
6. Finally start weekly blogging on my blog
7. Repack BOB/BIB

6. Finally start weekly blogging on my blog

yeah I need to do that too. my blog time has been replaced with pinterest.com but I need to post some new info on how tos and stuff

• Get another ham radio (or two)
  • Take and pass General portion of ham radio test
  • add to and build up food storage (including more shelving)
  • Get 72 hour kits up to par for rest of family members (adult children moved back in temporarily)
  • Get more involved in C.E.R.T. group (and hope someone takes over who is more organized)

• Get another ham radio (or two)
  • Take and pass General portion of ham radio test
  • add to and build up food storage (including more shelving)
  • Get 72 hour kits up to par for rest of family members (adult children moved back in temporarily)
  • Get more involved in C.E.R.T. group (and hope someone takes over who is more organized)
I have heard the test is hard so it might take more than one go at it.... and I am assuming CERT is community emergency response team if so very cool.

Get some more gear in the form of new knives, batteries and bags. Also I'm looking into getting a solar set up
get a solar battery charger if you can... if you live somewhere relatively sunny it might cut down on the batteries you need to buy and stock pile

i already have 2 battary chargers.1 electric.the other solar powered.one of my brothers gave me a few rechargable double a battries that added to my stock of battries.i still need to get more d c and aaa battries

i saw the gerber hatchet and survival knife. Looks like a pair which I might seriously save up to get. It'll set me back almost SGD$500 though. But I think they'll be worth it.

Relocating to a more rural area.
becoming more self-sufficient in regards to food and power.
Pick up a couple of older kick start 125 or 250 cc enduro bikes.
acquire more firearms and ammo
Take wilderness first aid class (already signed up for this one)
learn as much as I can by reading books and the much appreciated advice and ideas found on this forum.

Set up a hand pump on a well I don't use ( I once dropped a bucket on a rope down it and mudded up folks water for miles around ) . Look into some solar stuff and maby wind power . Build a AR with 2 uppers one short for tactical entry and one heavy for SASS . Turn one of my old work vehicals into a tactical ride .

We'll I told my wife I was doing Resolutions but setting goals.

1. Trying to Purchase home with property
2. Lose Weight
3. Work on some Projects, Water Barrels, Wind Mill, etc.
4. Taking some classes

So I got some of my plans done 2014 and some I didnt but changed dierction and completed others . The thing about any plan is being able to change it .

.1 loose weight
.2 better shape still
.3 try different crops to grow
.4 build up my stocks

Latest posts

Back