What is an Economic Collapse?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing standing in his way is the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution;

The Twenty-second Amendment of the United States Constitution sets a term limit for election to the office of President of the United States. The Congress passed the amendment on March 21, 1947. It was ratified by the requisite number of states on February 27, 1951.

Amendment XXII

Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

It took almost 4 years for this Amendment to be fully ratified an set into law. Therefore, it would be highly unlikely that he could overturn the 22nd Amendment during his term.
Considering the process required to add an Amendment I do not foresee it happening.

Here is process to create an Amendment found in Article V of the US Constitution;

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

I am well aware of the Constitution and the 2 term issue, I was simply stating that I heard that this is what Obama Wants, not what is going to ever be able to happen. I was attempting to gain some thought about the statement put out there on Fox News Radio, by the way they stated this same thing again this morning. I agree with you that it is not likely to ever happen for him or any other president. Thanks for the response!

You know i ment the Zietgiest move Christian portion was disproven right? Not the bible accounts.

Oh, sorry Krime, I didn't read your post that way...now I see what you mean!

Yes, the Christian history portion was an unprofessional and deliberate attempt to influence. Unfortunately, from that point on, it lost all credibility. Just another Big Foot expedition...

I am well aware of the Constitution and the 2 term issue, I was simply stating that I heard that this is what Obama Wants, not what is going to ever be able to happen. I was attempting to gain some thought about the statement put out there on Fox News Radio, by the way they stated this same thing again this morning. I agree with you that it is not likely to ever happen for him or any other president. Thanks for the response!
I do agree. I am sure obama believes he should be crowned as king. obamas biggest problem, aside from being a dumbass, is no one in his life stood up to him, and put him in his place. So now he has a god complex. Another Napoleon running around thinking his crap doesn't stink!

One thing standing in his way is the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution;

The Twenty-second Amendment of the United States Constitution sets a term limit for election to the office of President of the United States. The Congress passed the amendment on March 21, 1947. It was ratified by the requisite number of states on February 27, 1951.

Amendment XXII

Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

It took almost 4 years for this Amendment to be fully ratified an set into law. Therefore, it would be highly unlikely that he could overturn the 22nd Amendment during his term.
Considering the process required to add an Amendment I do not foresee it happening.

Here is process to create an Amendment found in Article V of the US Constitution;

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

Clydesdale
Check out this web site! http://watchingthesunbake.blogspot.com/2012/11/obama-confirms-attempt-at-third-term.html
The title of the article is "Obama Confirms Attempt at Third Term – Fourth Term Possible " Tell me what you think!

I do agree. I am sure obama believes he should be crowned as king. obamas biggest problem, aside from being a dumbass, is no one in his life stood up to him, and put him in his place. So now he has a god complex. Another Napoleon running around thinking his crap doesn't stink!
Clydesdayle
What really makes me angry about the entire Obama issue is that I heard on tv people actually calling him "lord and savior"... This makes me sick! I have heard people discussing who they think could be the Anti-Christ etc. Topics that I'm not used to the average person (especially those that don't really talk about God) talk about. I agree though, someone needs to put him in his place and knock down that "God complex" he has going on! I also agree he is a dumbass!!

If you believe in the Bible, and are a follower of Christ, you cannot help but conclude that we are indeed at the end if the book.

If you do not believe in any of these things, then there are a lot of items that can be answered about how this march toward globalism will end up - written into a few books within the Bible...namely the last chapter.

If you're hostile to it - don't read it - if you aren't, but realize you have been influenced against it...what have you got to lose?

But, whether you believe the Bible or not...letting the end play out without at least investigating it, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hopefully those old prophetic books mean we who believe on Christ will be taken out of here before the next Great World Leader comes on the scene, because he won't be who he portends. I personally believe Christians will endure/are enduring at least the run up to the final acts of this "play". The powers that be are being manipulated, and have created the very problems that THEY have the (short term) answer for...and it wont work out that you will obtain MORE freedom.

Yep, the US and China are in a real symbiotic relationship, which is comforting in a way. Means war with them is highly unlikely.

Latest posts

Back