What is a U.S Army or Marine Infantryman equipped with in a combat situation or warzone?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simmons

Reaction score
I've been searching threads on body armor and protection and such. Some of them are pretty helpful, but I came across the equipment page of marines.com, it's worth the look if you want to get a good idea of what a well dressed prepper could look like in the case of a combat situation. It lists everything a soldier is equipped with, but doesn't get down to specifics, names of equipment, grade of armor, who makes it. It tells about the type of vest they wear as well as what caliber of rounds it can protect against, but it seems like the soldiers in the pictures are wearing more than what is in the description. he appears to be wearing a neck guard, some kind of shoulder pads, etc. Wear can I find this equipment for sale? What else is a marine equipped with? Surly we have some veterans on the forums.

http://www.marines.com/operating-forces/equipment/gear/imtv

I can share some sites with you but message me as I don't want to publicly post some of them. You also need to tell me more about why you want to know and who you are before I reveal my sites. Sorry with body Armor and weapons as well as tactics I won't share unless I know you are using it for the right purposes. Private message me and we can discuss.

Im a Marine combat vet. They use plate carriers by eagle industry I believe. Armor are ESAPI plates and side sapis. We are issued a bayonet, PVS 14 (night vision optics), M16a4 or M4, M9 pistol ACH combat helmet, knee pads by Blackhawk, Boots are made by either Danners, Or a few others I cant remember the brand now, but a good place to look for similar and issued gears are:

uspatriottactical.com, eBay (type marines surplus or usmc surplus, fort bragg surplus ( do a google search), and lejeuneyardsale.com (all usmc gear and more)

Hope this helps,

Sgt. Garcia
1/2 2nd Mar 2nd MarDiv
2007-2011
Iraq/Afghanistan combat vet

Army uses a little bit different, I'll hold my words, but can tell you that for the money it would cost you, there are better, more simple, easier to use plate carriers out there. Unless you want ballistic (soft armor) inserts everywhere that could possibly impede your mobility. Simple is usually better

Latest posts

Back