What if you're locked up?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe their are any plans to kill prisoners in a TEOTWAWKI, I don't believe there are any plans at all in how to deal with prisoners in a total collapse. What does happen in such event? I guess we won't know until such a situation arises. Many of the prisons and jails are privately run, some are ran good some are corrupt, human nature will dictate the outcome. I just hope the hell I'm nowhere near or in a prison or jail when the crap falls apart.... Remember hurricane Katrina and the jails in New Orleans, they where abandoned in the beginning, no food no water no power no medical.

Well my home in N.E. Ohio is only 7 miles from a Federal Prison.
There have been escapes but all were captured in a relative short time.
Something about a guy hitch hiking in an orange jump suit with PRISONER
in 4" letters on the back.:USA:

IF prisoners get out of that prison by escape they aren't likely to hang around
the area very long.
When escapes do happen from prisons their is usually someone on the outside
to get the escapee as far from the area as possible.
In my case I'm PREPARED if some escaping miscreant stops by my place for some
nefarious intent.
BANG flop. Gene pool cleansed.

LOL, Parchman Penitentiary may miss the SHTF all together. The Maximum Security prison in Mississippi has no walls, and is completely self sufficient. They grow their own food on 18,000 acres of Mississippi Delta farmland. 912 acres of vegetables, 97 acres of rice, 4,738 acres of soybeans. Last year they raised 1,152,786 pounds of vegetables. They make their own clothing, and manufacture their own furniture.

Hell, in the SHTF, they may have to build walls to keep people OUT :D

they used to have farms in prisons in the UK, I know for a fact Dartmoor prison had its own farm, had its own rock quarry too!! but they have closed both now and I don't know of any British prison that has a farm anymore. progress huh!!!

i dont want any convicts adding to the general melee during SHTF, as far as I am concerned they are all in prison for a reason and they can stay there.

Well said.
Recall recall MOST "people" (animals) are in prison for the long haul for doing
something(s) really unacceptable.
Unacceptable like RAPE, MURDER, ARMED ROBBERY, FELONIOUS ASSAULT.
They ain't choir boys folks.
Gobblins that get out of prison OFTEN return in under one year.
The rate of recidivism is: (going back to the iron hotel)
About 68 percent of 405,000 prisoners released in 30 states in 2005 were arrested for a new crime within three years of their release from prison, and 77 percent were arrested within five years, according to a report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) released Tuesday.
Understand that those that get out of prison and go back is ONLY A SMALL fraction of
those that continued to commit crimes.
Those that returned to crime got caught.
Many X-cons return to crime a whole lot smarter as they LEARN well from other
inmates how NOT to get caught.
Ask me how I am an expert on such things?
22.5 years as a cop in the mean streets. 13 serious injuries. Back broken 4 times.
9 months in rehab learning to walk again.
10 years as Detective in charge of investigations. Firearms instructor, S.W.A.T. team leader
shift commander, and much more.
I don't want no mo'!
Would I trust an ex con. No.
Not only no but Hell NO!

there's at most 4 armed guards watching over 1000 inmates in many a US federal prison. Those guards will just go home if shtf. The inmates will all escape in less than an hour. 4 guys can wrench loose a steel bunk bed in a few minutes. half an hour later, they'll have used that bunk to knock a hole in the concrete walls (if they are all locked down when shtf) All it takes is some mattresses and blankets tossed onto the razor wire and they can cross that double fence in seconds.

YOU are a felon and so is your mother. Just kissing someone, under the age of 18, is a felony in many states. So is that bootlegged music or file or software that you have. 15 million people in the US have felony convictions. If you kept everyone locked up forever, you'd have to double your taxes, dude. Criminals would fight the cops right and left, maybe even just shoot them out of hand, at the police department, set bombs under their cars, etc. Locked up, they cost us 30k per year each, and another 30k per year with their families on welfare, too. Multiply 60k per year times 15 million felons and what do you get, hmm? a trillion $ a year.

Last edited:
Dalisa

Well your solution is..............???????????????

I don't believe anyone here advocates locking people up forever for most crimes.
Very few in Ohio where I live actually serve a "life" sentence.

Last edited:
Jeager,

Given the quantity of people committing crimes deserving real prison time, I'm open to options. I do think capital punishment is not used often enough (for the crimes committed), and it should take less time to get there. And for lesser crimes, I'd consider going back to some whips/lashes. I don't consider that 'cruel' or 'unusual'. It should hurt excessively and keep hurting for weeks. But let it be a healthy lesson, and I bet it 'rehabilitates' far more criminals than 6 months in prison or just probation. Probation is fine for a first offense, everyone deserves a second chance (for lesser crimes). But after the first probation, it's obvious that the existing criminal justice system does not change their ways.

Personally I don't have a problem with the death penalty fitting the
crime.
I don't want even one day out of my life in jail
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I guy from our town did 12 years of a 25 year term for forcible rape.
He was on parole and did it again!
We could not make the case on the 2nd rape but I got that sucker on a
parole violation.
He had his live in p.o.s. girl friend by him a handgun.
I got a search warrant for the gun, found it and that was enough
to send him back for the balance of his term + 3 years for the gun.
We went to arrest him in his 2nd floor apt.
The dummy jumped 25 feet out the window and shattered both legs.
bawwwwwwwwwwwww-hawwwwwwwwwwww.

Well it was funny to me!
He's a rapist don'cha'know.
Shoulda broke his neck!

No wonder I'm nuking futs.

legalize dope, guns prostitution, gambling and 3/4 of your prison population wont be there anymore. Save you 100's of billions of dollars each year.

Latest posts

Back