WHAT IF THEY FIRE THE NUKES

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the video . At this point in time , I consider this scenario to be MORE likely than not . Many people I have found out lately are so frightened of this prospect that they are too afraid to even discuss it . If this unfolds those that survive the blasts will defiantly see a huge divide between preppers and sheeple and between hard core preppers and some that simply were not willing to prep to the level of facing such a consequences . Personally I am well outside of any likely blast area , but wouldn't be surprised to feel the earth trembling from impacts at any moment .

I think we are closer now than during the Cuban Missile crisis of the Sixties......Only there is no winner in this situation.....Russia's primary first target would be the Capitol and the White House first, get rid of the leadership, then they will target key military installations and then down the list....All this on a first strike....The ensuing nuclear winter will wipe out most of the population global wide not just the USA....

Has anyone else bought heavy plastic for the purpose of covering as much garden area as you have time to? This of course is in a situation where you are far away from the nuclear blast, but fallout is moving your direction.
Unless you have a greenhouse plastic is not going to do you much good as your garden will die from the lack of sunlight due to the fall out.....Temperatures around the globe could fall by as much as 50 degrees below normal. And depending on the amount of fallout it could be years before you ever see the Sun again.

I think we are closer now than during the Cuban Missile crisis of the Sixties......Only there is no winner in this situation.....Russia's primary first target would be the Capitol and the White House first, get rid of the leadership, then they will target key military installations and then down the list....All this on a first strike....The ensuing nuclear winter will wipe out most of the population global wide not just the USA....

If it comes on hard, Russia will first wipe out Europe, England, Germany and Poland is probably at the top of Putin's hit list because these countries are already very directly insolvent in the war against Russia.
Then Putin will ask Grandpa Joe "what are you going to do now"? Joe will run into the basement and probably make a deal with Russia, the U.S. is from my point of view not directly on the hit list of Russia.

As for Europe, Russia doesn't need nukes to flatten Europe, we have virtually no armies left and most of the weapons Europe still had were given away to Ukraine, there's only junk in the arsenals here.
Putin doesn't need to use nukes either, EMP would be enough and our power infrastructure and everything else is so battered that Putin just has to wait for a cold winter and Europe will blackout itself.

As for the situation that is in my view much more dangerous than probably the Cuban Missile Crisis and the cold war, then the U.S. and Russia still talked to each other, today you do NOT talk to each other and threaten only next to each other.
I say times it will not come well, each day can be at present the last day, which I absolutely do not understand, for which damned reason has the USA like also Europe so much interest in this corrupt Failed state Ukraine that you risk a nuclear war actively around the collected planet to destroy?

Has anyone else bought heavy plastic for the purpose of covering as much garden area as you have time to? This of course is in a situation where you are far away from the nuclear blast, but fallout is moving your direction.
Yes - About two weeks ago i ventured out from my survival retreat to buy roofing felt " tar paper " as it is 3 foot wide and my garden is framed in two foot wide rows . It is selling in my area for about $ 20.00 a roll .

Unless you have a greenhouse plastic is not going to do you much good as your garden will die from the lack of sunlight due to the fall out.....Temperatures around the globe could fall by as much as 50 degrees below normal. And depending on the amount of fallout it could be years before you ever see the Sun again.
Actually I like the reply but the point for covering a garden was missed . The point is not to save what may be growing when the nuking begins . The point is to later have the soil " somewhat " less contaminated with radiation when you put in your nuclear winter garden . --- I hope you guys have your cool weather garden seeds and radiation pills . One suggestion " winter spinach " . Perhaps others have a cold tolerant garden plant they would like to present for consideration .

Last edited:
If it comes on hard, Russia will first wipe out Europe, England, Germany and Poland is probably at the top of Putin's hit list because these countries are already very directly insolvent in the war against Russia.
Then Putin will ask Grandpa Joe "what are you going to do now"? Joe will run into the basement and probably make a deal with Russia, the U.S. is from my point of view not directly on the hit list of Russia.

As for Europe, Russia doesn't need nukes to flatten Europe, we have virtually no armies left and most of the weapons Europe still had were given away to Ukraine, there's only junk in the arsenals here.
Putin doesn't need to use nukes either, EMP would be enough and our power infrastructure and everything else is so battered that Putin just has to wait for a cold winter and Europe will blackout itself.

As for the situation that is in my view much more dangerous than probably the Cuban Missile Crisis and the cold war, then the U.S. and Russia still talked to each other, today you do NOT talk to each other and threaten only next to each other.
I say times it will not come well, each day can be at present the last day, which I absolutely do not understand, for which damned reason has the USA like also Europe so much interest in this corrupt Failed state Ukraine that you risk a nuclear war actively around the collected planet to destroy?
The EMP would be the first strike to knock out all communications... The militaries hardware as already been hardened against such an attack so they would still operate. Agree that it's more dangerous than the Cuban Missile crisis....The UK does have a nuclear arsenal of about 50 I think but no where near the US and Russia arsenal....There are 2000 nuclear warheads on stand by at anytime...

Actually I like the reply but the point for covering a garden was missed . The point is not to save what may be growing when the nuking begins . The point is to later have the soil " somewhat " less contaminated with radiation when you put in your nuclear winter garden .
And what are you going to plant in a nuclear winter that would survive? And even if it did the radiation would be in it so you would not be able to eat it.

The EMP would be the first strike to knock out all communications... The militaries hardware as already been hardened against such an attack so they would still operate. Agree that it's more dangerous than the Cuban Missile crisis....The UK does have a nuclear arsenal of about 50 I think but no where near the US and Russia arsenal....There are 2000 nuclear warheads on stand by at anytime...

Cold winter, blackout, and here nothing works anymore, the power grid is already here as good as overloaded and it is not yet winter. When I look at our army, then I think the least is EMP protected.
Do not be fooled by Europe's armies, they are already on the ground and if the war really comes 75% of the crew runs away, is also understandable, who has a desire to suicide when the Russians are really angry.

At the moment there is a lot going on in Russia, TU 160 are being moved to Murmansk, quite a few, if there is an incident with NATO, Europe will be the first to feel the hammer of Russia.
Anyway, I'm out of the direct line of fire from Russia as far as nuclear weapons are concerned, but it would be very bad here too if something like that happened, actually I don't want to see a live demonstration of World War 3.

Cold winter, blackout, and here nothing works anymore, the power grid is already here as good as overloaded and it is not yet winter. When I look at our army, then I think the least is EMP protected.
Do not be fooled by Europe's armies, they are already on the ground and if the war really comes 75% of the crew runs away, is also understandable, who has a desire to suicide when the Russians are really angry.

At the moment there is a lot going on in Russia, TU 160 are being moved to Murmansk, quite a few, if there is an incident with NATO, Europe will be the first to feel the hammer of Russia.
Anyway, I'm out of the direct line of fire from Russia as far as nuclear weapons are concerned, but it would be very bad here too if something like that happened, actually I don't want to see a live demonstration of World War 3.
No the military has hardened their electronics....Problem is major power companies have not because of the cost.....Having been in the military and trained in this stuff even I do not want to see it. And I do not think we will, Russia does not want to die anymore than we do.

It depends on the altitude where they explode. Airburst explosions do not kick up anywhere near as much dust as surface explosions, but they destroy a wider area. I think every nuclear country understands that and will not use surface nukes as they are counter productive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_burst#Nuclear_weapons

I have the 6ml. Not wanting it for covering plants. I want it to cover the soil so it won’t get nuclear fallout on it.

Latest posts

Back