what I need when the time comes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First comment and not sure how to answer or discuss all of these things. Being from Norway and all... And I will apology for my lack of English skills upfront.
In this little country north of Europe we do not expect the huge attacks if it happens at all. Still, after getting married and having kids at five years old it seems kind of naive not to take some few preparing steps. Just bought a new house. The house has a perfect basement to use. The issue now is to get my wife into the thought of preparing. She will probably think me "nuts". But I do not mind being nuts if the steps I take today is lifesaving tomorrow ;) . So far no prep is done. That's why I'm here. To learn.

I'm not expecting an attack ether Norwegian, my preps are done to cover the best I can of any emergency that lands my way, everyone should have at least minimum 2 weeks supply of food and water and essentials for family. Civil unrest be it economy collapsing, earthquakes etc.. do happen, I do prefer to make the investment then to explain why I was caught with my pants down as being unable to offer some form of comfort being shelter warmth food water and medical to my wife thus it is my duty and obligation to offer security for my wife not the governments duty or obligation

Just explain to her that you feel that you need to make sure that your family will be provided for if something were to happen; weather event, labor strikes, employment issues. I would approach the subject from that angle, it's only being a responsible parent and spouse to see to it that your family has what they need.

That the world's done gone to Hell and there's no coming back? Soldiers in the streets, martial law, riots, food lines, things getting worse than what they already are. I'm not too far off from pulling in everyone and locking up the gates now to be honest.
Good Evening Friends-
A fellow and his wife showed up at our place today, looking for the closest Artesian Well to fill up their water tank. We are surrounded by BLM land but there is a ranch fairly close that has been chopped up and sold off into 5 acre tracts. There is no getting power to those areas so they are being bought up by homesteader/prepper types. This couple being of the prepper variety. They moved here from Arkansas, a town where Marshall Law was declared in January. Have you guys heard about this?? I looked it up on the internet and it seems its not the first time this has occurred in that lil town! So...given a previous post, if we are waiting for soldiers in the streets...I'm afraid its already happening!
It seems every day there is something else to make my stomach do a flip...I would just as soon lock the gates to our ranch entrance and venture out no more! But, I travel 4-5 days a week as a nurse and the mortgage still must be paid. I suppose for us it will be the collapse of the dollar as that will certainly be followed by national martial law.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

well far as my 3 brothers and 1 sister goes.far as im concerned..there's no room in my life for them when the shtf happens.i dont need thier arogance self centerdness or self ratchiness.and if it wasnt for my mom still being alive.id have nothing to do with them at all..and as for thier kids go.thier out of it as well.and for the same reasons...i know i can bug in for at least a certain lenth of time.(BUT) at the same time.i need to find/get some place i can bug out to..on acount where i am now,i know i cant stay permintly.partly bacause ppl will be leaveing town n all.pluse some of the folks liveing around me here ,i fell cant be trusted to well as it is right now..

Your on the right track buddy. Just prioritise your needs and work down. At the very least you will have more money . Worst case scenario your odds of survival go way up..Great having you and good luck.

I wish some herb would take care of my migraines.
I suffer from Migraine Variants. I have had seizures because of them.
Smoke is a preventative, not an abortive med.
If I was to smoke it, I would have to smoke it all day,every day.

Not a way I would like to go through daily life.
Take 250 mg magnesium in the am and again in the pm
Take 2000IU Vitamin D daily
Take one complex vitamin B in the morning
If you are taking calcium supplements, stop. If you are eating a lot of almonds, stop. Let me know how you feel after a week.

Latest posts

Back