What I have prepared

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavyRocket

Reaction score
So far I have my backpack stuffed with waterproof matches, also regular matches, lots of lighters, magnesium fire starter, compass, 2 whistles, 2 small led flashlights, a hand crank radio/siren/flashlight rope, hunting knife, multi tool knife. I am hoping I can tie my tent to the back pack also. To much stuff to list in that back pack. I also have a duffle bag for my clothing which is very minimal. I have my sub zero jacket, full body winter suit, 1 pair of blue jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, few shirts, wool socks, and regular socks. My most recent purchase is my Marlin model 60 .22 rifle with almost 400 rounds of ammo right now, and a bow/arrow I made. I am hoping to purchase a shotgun as well soon. I also keep up with current news from alternative news site, and watch the stock market closely. That is about it for me.

So far I have my backpack stuffed with waterproof matches, also regular matches, lots of lighters, magnesium fire starter, compass, 2 whistles, 2 small led flashlights, a hand crank radio/siren/flashlight rope, hunting knife, multi tool knife. I am hoping I can tie my tent to the back pack also. To much stuff to list in that back pack. I also have a duffle bag for my clothing which is very minimal. I have my sub zero jacket, full body winter suit, 1 pair of blue jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, few shirts, wool socks, and regular socks. My most recent purchase is my Marlin model 60 .22 rifle with almost 400 rounds of ammo right now, and a bow/arrow I made. I am hoping to purchase a shotgun as well soon. I also keep up with current news from alternative news site, and watch the stock market closely. That is about it for me.
Sounds good! You are definitely on a roll!
That shotgun will be a nice addition!

Sounds good. I think I'd toss in a pair of sweat pants or gym pants as well since denim takes forever and a day to dry and wearing it wet is just asking for misery.

Sounds good. I think I'd toss in a pair of sweat pants or gym pants as well since denim takes forever and a day to dry and wearing it wet is just asking for misery.

A different material to consider is nylon. I carry nylon pants that have zip off legs. If they get wet they dry in an hour. You can get them for $20 a really nice pair for $40. Anything heavy cotton will not dry. The pants can be dried next to a fire easily. They are very light and take up little space. We started getting these when he started packing in the Boundary Waters w/ canoes. They saying up there is "cotton kills". If your wet and cant dry out in the cold hypothermia will kill you before anything else.
They make t-shirts and collared fishing shirts that are close to the same material. For a jacket go with fleece. It is very warm and repels water well, where a sweat shirt absorbs it like a sponge. You can get them cheap at any Walmart. I got a Starter brand jacket for $7 this spring. Really didn't need it but the price was right.

Since things are really starting to escalate with Syria, I now have my first aid kit made, and packed, most importantly my bible is packed as well. Today I have added a slingshot to my weapons list. One other thing I am wanting to get is an old school (no batteries needed) watch the wind up type. Geez do they still exist today? I now have my 5 gallon water container full, and ready for use. I also bought 3 cases of Ramen noodles 12 per case (Last resort food). Someone dropped off what looks to be probably a 40 - 55 gallon hard plastic drum that I plan to clean up, plug the hole, and use that to either collect rain water, or fill it with tap water while I can. Not to sure about the shotgun considering my gut feeling is at some point after shtf I will be taking some dead person's gun, and any other gear. Oh, yes I do have a pair of nylon pants with zippers to make into shorts also I've packed. I would say I am about 99% prepared now. The other 1% is when shtf I guess. Can not actually plan for that until it happens.

Latest posts

Back