What I have prepared

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DavyRocket

Active Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
346
Reaction score
301
Location
Wilmington N.C
So far I have my backpack stuffed with waterproof matches, also regular matches, lots of lighters, magnesium fire starter, compass, 2 whistles, 2 small led flashlights, a hand crank radio/siren/flashlight rope, hunting knife, multi tool knife. I am hoping I can tie my tent to the back pack also. To much stuff to list in that back pack. I also have a duffle bag for my clothing which is very minimal. I have my sub zero jacket, full body winter suit, 1 pair of blue jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, few shirts, wool socks, and regular socks. My most recent purchase is my Marlin model 60 .22 rifle with almost 400 rounds of ammo right now, and a bow/arrow I made. I am hoping to purchase a shotgun as well soon. I also keep up with current news from alternative news site, and watch the stock market closely. That is about it for me.
 

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
5,132
Reaction score
2,528
Location
Communist State Of Kalifornia
So far I have my backpack stuffed with waterproof matches, also regular matches, lots of lighters, magnesium fire starter, compass, 2 whistles, 2 small led flashlights, a hand crank radio/siren/flashlight rope, hunting knife, multi tool knife. I am hoping I can tie my tent to the back pack also. To much stuff to list in that back pack. I also have a duffle bag for my clothing which is very minimal. I have my sub zero jacket, full body winter suit, 1 pair of blue jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, few shirts, wool socks, and regular socks. My most recent purchase is my Marlin model 60 .22 rifle with almost 400 rounds of ammo right now, and a bow/arrow I made. I am hoping to purchase a shotgun as well soon. I also keep up with current news from alternative news site, and watch the stock market closely. That is about it for me.
Sounds good! You are definitely on a roll!
That shotgun will be a nice addition!
 

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
2,063
Location
missouri
Sounds good. I think I'd toss in a pair of sweat pants or gym pants as well since denim takes forever and a day to dry and wearing it wet is just asking for misery.
 

Trapper

Active Member
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
570
Reaction score
715
Location
In a van down by the river....
Sounds good. I think I'd toss in a pair of sweat pants or gym pants as well since denim takes forever and a day to dry and wearing it wet is just asking for misery.
A different material to consider is nylon. I carry nylon pants that have zip off legs. If they get wet they dry in an hour. You can get them for $20 a really nice pair for $40. Anything heavy cotton will not dry. The pants can be dried next to a fire easily. They are very light and take up little space. We started getting these when he started packing in the Boundary Waters w/ canoes. They saying up there is "cotton kills". If your wet and cant dry out in the cold hypothermia will kill you before anything else.
They make t-shirts and collared fishing shirts that are close to the same material. For a jacket go with fleece. It is very warm and repels water well, where a sweat shirt absorbs it like a sponge. You can get them cheap at any Walmart. I got a Starter brand jacket for $7 this spring. Really didn't need it but the price was right.
 

DavyRocket

Active Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
346
Reaction score
301
Location
Wilmington N.C
Since things are really starting to escalate with Syria, I now have my first aid kit made, and packed, most importantly my bible is packed as well. Today I have added a slingshot to my weapons list. One other thing I am wanting to get is an old school (no batteries needed) watch the wind up type. Geez do they still exist today? I now have my 5 gallon water container full, and ready for use. I also bought 3 cases of Ramen noodles 12 per case (Last resort food). Someone dropped off what looks to be probably a 40 - 55 gallon hard plastic drum that I plan to clean up, plug the hole, and use that to either collect rain water, or fill it with tap water while I can. Not to sure about the shotgun considering my gut feeling is at some point after shtf I will be taking some dead person's gun, and any other gear. Oh, yes I do have a pair of nylon pants with zippers to make into shorts also I've packed. I would say I am about 99% prepared now. The other 1% is when shtf I guess. Can not actually plan for that until it happens.
 

Latest posts

Top