What I ended up canning this week

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a couple of places looking for a wheelchair for someone who needs it. found lots of canning jars instead. and their free.

.i made out like a bandit on them.

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_142846_2.jpg
    IMG_20201205_142846_2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20201205_142943_5.jpg
    IMG_20201205_142943_5.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20201205_142858_5.jpg
    IMG_20201205_142858_5.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20201205_142912_2.jpg
    IMG_20201205_142912_2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Just canned 14 more pints of chicken breasts. Got 2 more of broth. That's a total of 10 quarts and 20 pints. I think.

Couldn't pass up the $.88 per pound. Oh, I also froze some too.

Kudos to getting more meat canned! Everyone should be following your lead. My new freezer is supposed to behere Wednesday. Praying I have enough time to get a lot of things bought and in it before all h3ll breaks lose. It certainly feels like big problems are coming our way my friends.

Last edited:
Kudos to getting more meat canned! Everyone should be following your lead. My new freezer is supported to be here Wednesday. Praying I have enough time to get a lot of things bought and in it before all h3ll breaks lose. It certainly feels like big problems are coming our way my friends.
Hopefully, i have a good garden this year to replinish my veggies. Also, we had a bad walnut year, so we need a new supply of those.

Hopefully, i have a good garden this year to replinish my veggies. Also, we had a bad walnut year, so we need a new supply of those.

If I had one garden wish, it would be to have nut producing walnut trees! They are my favorite! Love them for baking.

And guys, they have been proven to help prevent cancer in...how do I say this...private bag carry-on area. :D;)

If I had one garden wish, it would be to have nut producing walnut trees! They are my favorite! Love them for baking.

And guys, they have been proven to help prevent cancer in...how do I say this...private bag carry-on area. :D;)
They poison the soil 100 ft from their drip line. The poison (juglone) stays in soil for years because of the roots. I cut mine that are close to gardens, but still can't grow any nightshade plants. They start out great then, BOOM.

I have trees in the woods and my neighbor has 3 that he let's me harvest.

My brother said I have too much weight on my second story floor because of canning. I'm afraid to store in the garage because of the temperature change.

I guess I'll have to move some boxes to my son's bedroom to distribute the weight from one room. Where do you guys store and how much weight do you allow? If you could break it down into number of jars, that would help.

I turned off canner and let all pressure out, took off jiggler and opened lid. Stepped away and the ring and lid blew completely off of a can of broth. Greasy liquid went everywhere. The jar said Mason, but it looked a little shorter so I'm guessing it was a pasta jar or something. I don't can in unmarked jars so I wasn't expecting this. The glass didn't break, just the lid and ring flying off. It is a mess to clean. I'm glad I had stepped away. It still splashed on my shirt.

Am going this week for cabbage (at 29 cents a lb). Will dehydrate alot of it for soups later. But will get out the crocks and weight stones to start more sauerkraut. Then I water bath it, after it's done (about 3 weeks). Down to my last two cans.

Latest posts

Back