What I am prepping for.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Me personally, I am prepping for a earthquake. Water, food, generator, gas, guns an ammo.
Hopefully we can stay at the house which is safe an comfortable an not so stressful. My main concern is getting from work to where my kid is. This is where Prep 2 comes into play, I have to get to my kid, some how, by car, bike and last walk. So I prepped for walking, you guys know all the stuff needed so I wont go into that. I figure after the big one hits we have about 4 to 5 hrs before all hell breaks loose. Its a 15 mile walk, make that a 15 mile run through some not so good neighborhoods, so for me time is critical.

Me personally, I am prepping for a earthquake. Water, food, generator, gas, guns an ammo.
Hopefully we can stay at the house which is safe an comfortable an not so stressful. My main concern is getting from work to where my kid is. This is where Prep 2 comes into play, I have to get to my kid, some how, by car, bike and last walk. So I prepped for walking, you guys know all the stuff needed so I wont go into that. I figure after the big one hits we have about 4 to 5 hrs before all hell breaks loose. Its a 15 mile walk, make that a 15 mile run through some not so good neighborhoods, so for me time is critical.
I too am prepping for earthquakes. My problem is I work 35 miles from home, my kid is 13 miles from my house. so i have a real logistical nightmare in getting him to my house. I know my ex-wife will not be able to care for him when the shtf!

That's a rough one, I hope to get the family safe an hunker down and be as low profile as possible.

The most cogent, organized way to approach prepping states seven domains of preparedness. When I have prepared sufficiently in the following seven areas, I will be as prepared as I can become:

1. Sturdy shelter which includes protection from adverse weather and fallout.
2. Water which can be replenished--we have a 118' well with hand pump.
3. Food and the infrastructure to grow our own food. Includes canning and refrigeration (see Energy, below)
4. Security. For us, this is multi-layered with not only firearms and several thousand rounds of ammunication, but also archery, black powder, reloading capacity for most modern calibers we shoot; also a wireless home alarm system.
5. Clothing and the capacity to repair or even make our own clothing.
6. Energy. For us, the multi-layered approach includes solar, battery, propane 11kw generator, and 7 kW portable generator, with fuels.
7. Communications. This is the area we have added to most recently. I have new Technician's and General licenses, with hand-held ham radio, two-meter radio in the shelter, CB radio, and HF radio. Ham is what survives when everything else fails.

Our goals for 2017 now how more to do with mastering the equipment we have and improving our health.

my only concern about earthquakes,is The New Madrid Seismic Zone, sometimes called the New Madrid Fault Line..it's far enough from me,where i might never have to worry about it.so it's on my somewhat concerned list..my main concerns are,wildfires,house fire.tornadoes.and one of 3 trees falling on the house,due to tornado or strong wind(s)...i figure i probably can prepare for the above situations,and still prepare for other situations,at the same time.(but) only as long as i go about it the right way.

Earthquakes are rare in N.E. Ohio, however I lived through two.
Very MINOR, about 5.6 on the old Richter scale.
The other, even more rare, in N. Carolina near the ocean just south of Va. Beach. this one a 6 Richter.
That was felt much more but little damage.

Latest posts

Back