What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
Whew! Clicking on all those listings made me feel like I'd done something! I still have a LONG way to go, but at least I've started and am making preparations daily. Am I the first member here, Clydesdale?

Whew! Clicking on all those listings made me feel like I'd done something! I still have a LONG way to go, but at least I've started and am making preparations daily. Am I the first member here, Clydesdale?
Yes you are! And because of that you will have complimentary VIP status once I set up a VIP section.

I too have a long way to go in my preparation.... It is hard to do in a house with limited space and that is further complicated by not having a back yard.

Wow a FFL in DC.... That most have been a pain to get! I live in one of the most UNfriendly gun states..... That being the Communist state of California

C'mon VIP!!!!!!! I'm actually in VA. I run a truly private FFL in NOVA. I do not have a storefront, and I provide private sales of firearms, customization, training, and anything firearms related to provide a complete package catering to the client. I've been a 'smith for over 10 years, but decided to get my FFL after reading about folks getting noted at dealers and gunshows and being followed home. The gangsters would then stake em out and case the house until they left. Then they'd break in and end up with a good haul while the fam was left with devastation. Mentally, financially, and sometimes physically. I think in the vain of Doomsday Preppin', that it's good to keep what you have out of people's eye's and minds. You can imagine, you're from an "Unfriendly zone", too. I want to help like-minded people get prepared for the worst. I pray it never comes, but if it does, I want to be "In" with people that can help, not harm. Whew! That's some serious jaw-jackin'! Okay. I'm gonna try to help expand this site. I think the time has come for us to have a place like this.

C'mon VIP!!!!!!! I'm actually in VA. I run a truly private FFL in NOVA. I do not have a storefront, and I provide private sales of firearms, customization, training, and anything firearms related to provide a complete package catering to the client. I've been a 'smith for over 10 years, but decided to get my FFL after reading about folks getting noted at dealers and gunshows and being followed home. The gangsters would then stake em out and case the house until they left. Then they'd break in and end up with a good haul while the fam was left with devastation. Mentally, financially, and sometimes physically. I think in the vain of Doomsday Preppin', that it's good to keep what you have out of people's eye's and minds. You can imagine, you're from an "Unfriendly zone", too. I want to help like-minded people get prepared for the worst. I pray it never comes, but if it does, I want to be "In" with people that can help, not harm. Whew! That's some serious jaw-jackin'! Okay. I'm gonna try to help expand this site. I think the time has come for us to have a place like this.
I agree.
I love about 10 miles from a couple of real crap holes..... Santa Ana, Garden Grove (aka Garbage Grove), Anaheim (aka Anaslime), Stockton, Westminster. Santa Ana being the worst. High gang population in Santa Ana and Garden Grove.

I have wanted to get an FFL here, but am not sure how that would work in this state.
Do you mind if I send you a message about possible work?

Please do. I'm always looking for work, no matter how busy things are!
I'm posting it up on Facebook daily to try and gain a little exposure. I think People will start finding it like I did. I googled "Doomsday Prepper Forum" and it popped up. I suspect people will be doing the same soon.

I'm posting it up on Facebook daily to try and gain a little exposure. I think People will start finding it like I did. I googled "Doomsday Prepper Forum" and it popped up. I suspect people will be doing the same soon.
I really appreciate your help! I will send you my tune up question directly...

I like the Psalm 144 signature! It is so very true!

I really like that too. Obviously. I like the end of it, as it reminds me of preparing for what's coming. I know we're not suppose to be trying to predict the future, but that doesn't say we should be ignorant.

I really like that too. Obviously. I like the end of it, as it reminds me of preparing for what's coming. I know we're not suppose to be trying to predict the future, but that doesn't say we should be ignorant.
I feel predicting the future, as in a fortune teller, and being ready for the future are to different things. if they aren't then we are all guilty of "predicting the future" for merely having a 401k! After isn't saving for retirement predicting the future. unless you are talking about social security, as it has no future. It will be violently murdered by the liberals

talk about crap holes i live in antelope valley, where all the gangs from pacoima and east L.A. moved for section 8 housing, nothing but gangland here except the rich people on the outskirts. and ya welcome to cali where the 2nd admendment takes a back seat, to get a hand gun is damn near impossable, a rifle/shotgun is a little easier with a 10 day wait, but the loop hole on rifles is that you can buy a 50+ year old gun without the wait and can do a person to person buy without the registration, but if you go that route id get a signed reciept.

talk about crap holes i live in antelope valley, where all the gangs from pacoima and east L.A. moved for section 8 housing, nothing but gangland here except the rich people on the outskirts. and ya welcome to cali where the 2nd admendment takes a back seat, to get a hand gun is damn near impossable, a rifle/shotgun is a little easier with a 10 day wait, but the loop hole on rifles is that you can buy a 50+ year old gun without the wait and can do a person to person buy without the registration, but if you go that route id get a signed reciept.
You are right about that! The Communist State is so very anti 2nd Amendment! Unless you are a cop or friends with the county sheriff, you can forget getting a CCW! It is true that to buy a handgun in california you have to take a 25 question test, and you can only buy a specific number per month.
You're right about the gang environment out your way! The only other place next to santa ana and south central that is as gang infested is probably Adelanto just past victorville.

As a DDP, I can't imagine living there. I get spooked just thinking of all that could go wrong near me, I can only imagine what I'd think if the state was intent on keeping me unsafe.

itd not only that i think about, when shtf, whats gonna happen with all the wanna-be gangsters around here? and i gotta give my first born for a pea shooter? when they've stashed ak's, ya right like my 'white devil' ### is gonna stick around here lol

As a DDP, I can't imagine living there. I get spooked just thinking of all that could go wrong near me, I can only imagine what I'd think if the state was intent on keeping me unsafe.
itd not only that i think about, when shtf, whats gonna happen with all the wanna-be gangsters around here? and i gotta give my first born for a pea shooter? when they've stashed ak's, ya right like my 'white devil' ### is gonna stick around here lol
it is insane around here that's for sure! I have dealt with gang bangers before. It was during the rodney king riots. There was a car full cruising down my street. they stopped in front of my place. I was on the garage roof keeping watch as there had been reports of OC gangs looking for an opportunity to steel something. What they soon realized when I stood up was that I was armed to the teeth. I had a MAK-90 with steal core rounds by norinco.

However, a couple of years later my MAK-90 became banned bu manufacturer name, so I had to rid myself of it.

Latest posts

Back