What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
Lots of good people in Maine. It may take a few years for them to warm up to you .
My sister lives there but she isn’t a prepper, really. She is off the grid, though, and more of a homesteader. I sold some of the reloading stuff to someone in Maine (on eBay) I was tempted to say something to him but I didn’t. Hopefully I can make some friends. My sister asked me how many guns I still had (5 long guns) and she was surprised and said she would know where to go if something happened. But I am more of a food preserving and crafting type than a hunter. I can practice shooting when I get there.

My sister lives there but she isn’t a prepper, really... My sister asked me how many guns I still had (5 long guns) and she was surprised and said she would know where to go if something happened.
Good luck with that, I tell no one anything, not for years. The last thing I want is 5 or 10 people showing up at my door looking for somewhere to plug in their ipads. Sad but true.

Ah the famous words from everyone that finds out you own more than 1 firearm "Well I know where to go if anything happens".

Unless your in my immediate family or have something of value to add without being a drain on any of my resources then they may not get the warm welcome they expect.

Having extra trigger pullers would be great, but only if they're self sustaining. I definitely believe in safety in numbers, but have yet to find anyone who takes prepping serious enough.

Spending the rest of the day reloading ammo for my 223. Just finished our monthly food restocking. Next week I will go through all my firearms and perform a good leaning. I will also dial in my EC Tuner brake on my 223. I dialed in my 22lr and it shoots amazing groups now. I still have not been able to get the powder for my 6.5 Creedmoor, so I don't shoot it. Got to keep ammo on hand.

Last edited:
Got an idea the tank is part of a bunker build con excuse - it'll be part of his overall self containment plan but they need a reason to be digging away on his property ....

His protection team is probably arguing among themselves as to who has to guard the side of the house with the propane tank.
His protection team knows better,they aren't going to be 3/4 of mile out where a shooter would be.

The article I read said he originally asked permission to bury it. Perhaps he was slapped down on that? It is an island after all.

Not sure how well your red potatoes are going to be doing in this heat, but your sweet potatoes are going to be loving it. Let me know how your red potatoes do. I have never tried to plant them this time of year.

Last edited:
Haven't been around awhile but have put a bug out in place as a project over the past couple of years. I know a lot of prepping is for all out SHTF... but I bought a home overseas to bug out to if it's just something in between (for instance if 'home' here becomes more and more like the third world).

Not sure how well your red potatoes are going to be doing in this heat, but your sweet potatoes are going to be loving it. Let me know how your red potatoes do. I have never tried to plant them this time of year.

I tried growing some potatoes in the summer months a few years ago just to see what happened. The stems and leaves grew well, but potatoes did not. Sadly. Hope you have better luck Buttoni!

Latest posts

Back