What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
I just received my final piece of medical equipment for our first aid/medical station. Its a portable ultrasound scanner that connects to a tablet via Bluetooth.

We now have all of the medical equipment and supplies we will likely get. Surgical kit, trauma kit, dental kit, transfusion kit, medical lab LED 40X to 2500X microscope, Philips HeartStart OnSite AED, centrifuge, blood pressure monitors, oxygen monitors, I/V bags, etc.

Have to say that is DAMN IMPRESSIVE!! We don’t have a portable ultrasound, but there is zero doubt of the need for one. Also impressed with your IV bags. True lifesaving items PP! Way to go!!

I just received my final piece of medical equipment for our first aid/medical station. Its a portable ultrasound scanner that connects to a tablet via Bluetooth.

We now have all of the medical equipment and supplies we will likely get. Surgical kit, trauma kit, dental kit, transfusion kit, medical lab LED 40X to 2500X microscope, Philips HeartStart OnSite AED, centrifuge, blood pressure monitors, oxygen monitors, I/V bags, etc.
Good preps. I have bandages and peroxide. I do have the oxygen and BP monitors. I feel very unprepared now.

Are you a physician or a nurse practitioner?

It sounds like you're trying to set up a clinic.

Are you a physician or a nurse practitioner?

It sounds like you're trying to set up a clinic.

No, I'm self taught and have taken CPR, trauma, suturing classes. I took an AFR 5 day course.

My wife is a med tech and plebotomist.

We have an RN and an retired army medic in our group.

No, I'm self taught and have taken CPR, trauma, suturing classes. I took an AFR 5 day course.

My wife is a med tech and plebotomist.

We have an RN and an retired army medic in our group.
I was a paramedic in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, so I commend your autonomy.

I am taking a microbiology class and lab in about 4 weeks, so I wonder if I'll be able to get the basics of running a culture, testing antibiotic susceptability . . . and, perhaps, run things a little bit more scientific than just ". . . keep trying antibiotics until one works . . . " which is wasteful, crude, and dangerous to the patient.

Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch worked with a lot less than when they started using cultures to understand disease.

I am really delighted to see so many people prepping with medical supplies. If a true disaster (SHTF) hits us there will be so much need and so few supplies. Don't forget Jenner. He found a vaccine for smallpox with not much more than a keen mind and scientific observation.

Curious, did you get the butterfly US? I’ve thought about it for work, as it would be handy for rapid assessments and consults I have to do on the floor. I used it during a trauma course I took and it seemed to have good pics- little rough on views of the heart.

Curious, did you get the butterfly US? I’ve thought about it for work, as it would be handy for rapid assessments and consults I have to do on the floor. I used it during a trauma course I took and it seemed to have good pics- little rough on views of the heart.

Convex C3 HD - Clarius Portable Handheld Ultrasound Scanne

I am really delighted to see so many people prepping with medical supplies. If a true disaster (SHTF) hits us there will be so much need and so few supplies. Don't forget Jenner. He found a vaccine for smallpox with not much more than a keen mind and scientific observation.
Although Jenner found a vaccine that led us on the first steps toward eradicating that horrible, disfiguring (and often deadly) disease, I think Jenner's medical ethics really, really sucked.

He used full-strength, live smallpox virus on a 14 year old kid to see if his vaccine actually worked.

And--while his vaccine worked--it seems to me that he was playing God with this kid's life.

While I took a few steps backwards in my prepping, I did it to move to a better location out of the city and where I can have better gardens and options for food. To be able to afford to move I had to get rid of some of the things I had collected, some of my food stash, and some of my redundant supplies. I will hope to connect with some good folks in Maine. Prepping solo is risky.

The 3s of survival

Shelter
Water
Food

I'm keeping it simple and mobile as I plan to be a lone wolf grey man during the apocolypse. I don't need any idiots who have a plan getting me killed.....Lol

I am fortunate enouph to live in a very remote area that has access to backwoods that most people have never seen. Population is also the lowest of anywhere in the nation. I was also fortunate enouph to grow up in a family that spent every weekend in the mountains and often wilderness areas so I've learned over the last 52 years how to be extremely adept to my area and surroundings. I know where the game is, the fish are, and the hiding places exist. I also have food stashed in a lot of hidden locations. I can move to and from as needed. Water is extremely plentiful In my neck of the woods and underground springs are In many of my locations. Water is the most important survival necessity on earth.

In the event that the UN troops come to this country to police America I really don't care to have a name, location, or address. The best preppers prepare for whats coming and its as simple as that! The UN agenda is close! Very, very close!!!

Although Jenner found a vaccine that led us on the first steps toward eradicating that horrible, disfiguring (and often deadly) disease, I think Jenner's medical ethics really, really sucked.

He used full-strength, live smallpox virus on a 14 year old kid to see if his vaccine actually worked.

And--while his vaccine worked--it seems to me that he was playing God with this kid's life.
Something I forgot to add: When I was in school years ago, I argued--in a paper--that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein: Or a Modern Promethius was based (in part) on Edward Jenner's work with smallpox vaccine.

Lately instead of buying more guns I've been upgrading all the one's I already have. Mostly for reliability but also some stuff I just wanted to. Here's the ones I did in the last week or so.

I just upgraded one of my AR's with a new nickel boron bolt and carrier, Hyperfire Hypertouch trigger, and a J&P polished and tuned chrome silicon buffer spring.

Also got an MDT chassis for my Ruger American 30-06. Makes for a much more stable platform.

And the last one was an old Mossberg 500 12 gauge that has been laying in the back of one of my safes for the last 20 years or so. It was a matte grey parkerized color with gray plastic furniture. Had the slugger barrel cut down to 18.5", Cerakoted the action and both barrels, and added a Hogue stock and forend as well as a folding stock and a Streamlight forend.

20210521_221049.jpg

20210516_143821.jpg

20210524_151148.jpg

20210521_155157.jpg

While I took a few steps backwards in my prepping, I did it to move to a better location out of the city and where I can have better gardens and options for food. To be able to afford to move I had to get rid of some of the things I had collected, some of my food stash, and some of my redundant supplies. I will hope to connect with some good folks in Maine. Prepping solo is risky.
Lots of good people in Maine. It may take a few years for them to warm up to you .

Latest posts

Back