What do you need but can't find?

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

David Cavanaugh

Jr Member
Reaction score
I am new to the concept of prepping. My location (halfway between NYC & Boston) means I have a snowball's chance in hell of bugging out in a meaningful way. Therefore, shelter-in-place is my only option.

My experience is with computer hardware & software. I specialize miniature, inexpensive, low-power computers with sensors, actuators, wireless communications, etc. I can make things that are light enough to fly on a drone, small enough to store in a Faraday-shielded box until needed, with power requirements that can be met with batteries & solar cells. I also have 3D print and CAD capability.

What sort of product does the prepper world need that existing suppliers do not offer? I am entrepreneurial by nature, and willing to explore manufacturing prototypes in small quantities if there is a product that would be helpful and hopefully marketable. I am not asking anyone to buy anything. But is there something you would buy if only it were offered for sale? If anyone offers a suggestion that I decide to design & build, we can discuss the business arrangements for product development. I'm looking more for ideas than investors, but willing to discuss all sorts of possibilities.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Probably would be a market for EMP-proof electronics. Not sure what is involved with that, but just as a concept. Low power, solar-recharging, etc. items are always a plus.

I know one thing I'd like....solar powered security system (solar power throughout the day charges things like motion detectors, window and door alarms, etc.).

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
howI wish I could move away from the city,a nice place in the country,your own carden and...a big sign with the words ;stay off my property :)

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
David Cavanaugh! where did you find the blueprints for your farraday-cage?

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
offcourse,any fellow prepper would be welcome :) but I need to find and finance that special place first :)

11C1P

Reaction score
If you could make a version of the gravity light that would be helpful. Also if you could make one that has a charging port that would be good too.

http://deciwatt.org/

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gravitylight-lighting-for-developing-countries

By the time I found them the option to get one through the crowd funding or whatever a couple years ago, they were all sold, and they still don't sell them on the site. They say they hope to be able to sell them for $5 each, I would gladly pay $20+ each for a handful of them.

Reaction score
In all seriousness, how about an inexpensive fire piston? Don't really have the toolage to make one cheaply and they are a little overpriced online, IMHO.

Latest posts