What are you prepping for?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if carbon is carbon, I guess you can put a lump of charcoal in a ring and call it a "diamond ring."
No, charcoal briquettes are not activated charcoal. They will have some activity, but not like actual activated carbon or activated charcoal. But you can make activated carbon from them:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Activated-Charcoal
Thank you very much. You are absolutely right. It is sharing information with people like you that lead me to join this group.

I disagree with you, but to address Robin's concerns, there are very cheap sources of activated charcoal.

Charcoal briquettes often have other substances in them--like hydrocarbon accellerants--to help them burn better.

Activated charcoal from the pet store (used in aquaria) is better.
You are right.

I always thought I was prepping for economic collapse, or an EMP/MCE, but it has become very apparent that the greatest threat is the radical left. They are attacking any opposition on all fronts, verbally, mentally, and physically. They face ZERO prosecution, and if you fight back at all, they arrest you and prosecute you fully, while calling you a domestic terrorist.

WE ARE AT WAR

UK MP David Amess dies after being stabbed multiple times
UK MP David Amess dies after being stabbed multiple times (msn.com)

David Amess, a conservative British member of Parliament, died Friday after being stabbed multiple times, officials said.

Amess, 69, represented Southend West in Essex. He was attacked while holding his monthly “meet and greet” with voters at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea, British outlet Sky News reported.

My daughter is out shopping so she is picking up some exrta needles and thread. You never know what you will need to repair. Leon is eating holes in everything, so i need to sew all the time. Im too lazy to get out the sewing machine.

pins and needles are just one of the multitude of simple - but SHTF crucial items - that are no longer made in the USA - the wire they are made from isn't even readily available >> it'll be a good trade item

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed appropiate thread.

I am not a super fan of Canadian Prepper but thought this video from him had good points and I don't think he's wrong:

For me, I always say, If I am proved wrong for why I am prepping, then no harm, no fould, I can't really think of anything that will go to wasite if I am wrong. That is, outside of what the Government might take from me! Then it won't matter at that point anyway cause I'll probably be dead fighting them to keep it all anyway.

For me the point of watching " Canadian Prepper " is to gain " news " . His style , his looks or his demeaner is irreverent to me . The fact is he has access to people and sources for gathering prepper related news that others don't have or simply will not report on due to fears of being deplatformed or fired from their jobs . Not all , but some people don't like him in reality is because the information being presented is not what they want to hear . -- Sure sometimes his predictions don't materialize on the timeline he focuses on but the fact still remains this is an information source where knowledge can be gained on events that will not be found elsewhere .

--- Oil refineries have shut down . Gasoline prices about to spike . This link is an especially good one from a prepper's viewpoint . SHTF on multiple fronts as we all know , but this is information that should interest those prepared or preparing for what has now transpired .

Latest posts

Back