What are you prepping for?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're on well water too, and the best tasting water. I can't imagine being on community (city) water that could be shutdown or rationed.

Me three, I have a well, a pond, a pool and municipal water. It rains so much here, water is not a concern for us.

I'm not a doomsday level prepper. I can't afford or access preps for doomsday scenarios. Plus I live in New Zealand so things are a bit different here than the USA, for example. My preps have always been having 3-6months of everyday supplies on hand, and having enough savings to handle sudden joblessness.

Basically I'm prepping for a major earthquake or tsunami, pandemic, and/or being unemployed.

ETA I'm thinking I should start prepping for flooding too

Last edited:
I'm not a doomsday level prepper. I can't afford or access preps for doomsday scenarios. Plus I live in New Zealand so things are a bit different here than the USA, for example. My preps have always been having 3-6months of everyday supplies on hand, and having enough savings to handle sudden joblessness.
thats where everyone starts.
welcome from the UK.

I'm Preparing for a couple different scenarios.

1. Natural Disasters (Hurricanes, Tornados, Flooding, Blizzards)
  2. Economic Collapse (Like the Great Depression of 1929-1930s)
  3. Civil Unrest (The Riots we've been seeing these past few years)
  4. Pandemic (Like COVID, and all the ones we've had through out our history)
  5. WW3

Just a couple different scenarios, maybe too many to actually Prep for, kinda expensive at times. But definitely worth it with seeing how this worlds turning out.

I'm not too bothered about the event or events themselves, whatever they are I can do little or nothing to prevent them but what I can do is to prepare for what comes after, the collapse of infrastructure, societal collapse, and WROL. the "new normal" if you want to call it that.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for Biden and co to start another war to keep the money flowing to the US defence industry.

I'm organizing my tools etc into catagories such as gardening, chainsaw, etc. and putting into the strong reusable bags so I can just grab and go.

I watched a video this morning and it mentioned activated charcoal should be in every prep. I do not have any. Do you guys?

Carbon is carbon. A bag of charcoal from the grill (without additives) works just as well ad lab quality carbon, but costs a lot less.
I disagree with you, but to address Robin's concerns, there are very cheap sources of activated charcoal.

Charcoal briquettes often have other substances in them--like hydrocarbon accellerants--to help them burn better.

Activated charcoal from the pet store (used in aquaria) is better.

Carbon is carbon. A bag of charcoal from the grill (without additives) works just as well ad lab quality carbon, but costs a lot less.
Well, if carbon is carbon, I guess you can put a lump of charcoal in a ring and call it a "diamond ring."
No, charcoal briquettes are not activated charcoal. They will have some activity, but not like actual activated carbon or activated charcoal. But you can make activated carbon from them:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Activated-Charcoal

I'm organizing my tools etc into catagories such as gardening, chainsaw, etc. and putting into the strong reusable bags so I can just grab and go.

I watched a video this morning and it mentioned activated charcoal should be in every prep. I do not have any. Do you guys?

I have a few pounds of activated charcoal. Also keep info taped to bag on how to use it, example For treatment of poisoning: Treatment with one dose: Adults and teenagers—Dose is usually 25 to 100 grams mixed with water. Children 1 through 12 years of age—Dose is usually 25 to 50 grams mixed with water, or the dose may be based on body weight

Basically I'm prepping for a major earthquake or tsunami, pandemic, and/or being unemployed.

ETA I'm thinking I should start prepping for flooding too

honestly - the way things are shaping up in Asia with China - better get war prepped - even if China doesn't make it that far south your area will see major import restrictions - stock up on anything you use regular that comes in from elsewhere in the world ...

I disagree with you, but to address Robin's concerns, there are very cheap sources of activated charcoal.

Charcoal briquettes often have other substances in them--like hydrocarbon accellerants--to help them burn better.

Activated charcoal from the pet store (used in aquaria) is better.
Thanks I'll get some

I'm Preparing for a couple different scenarios.

1. Natural Disasters (Hurricanes, Tornados, Flooding, Blizzards)
  2. Economic Collapse (Like the Great Depression of 1929-1930s)
  3. Civil Unrest (The Riots we've been seeing these past few years)
  4. Pandemic (Like COVID, and all the ones we've had through out our history)
  5. WW3

Just a couple different scenarios, maybe too many to actually Prep for, kinda expensive at times. But definitely worth it with seeing how this worlds turning out.

Totally agree with this list.
Would add solar flare/EMP as well given the access to weapons the Chinese and other countries have, as well as the amounts of solar activity we have seen lately.

Latest posts

Back