What are you prepping for?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm prepping for my final retirement now. The kids don't want the ranch, fine, we'll sell it and go live on the coast somewhere and have a 40' boat tied up at the dock. What ever happens with the economy and whatever dipshit and the whore do to the country we'll survive just fine. After all we've been "prepping" for over 40 years now and much of our preps have been about an economic collapse. We're prepping for a communist dictator style of government too, which is (almost) here. This is the kind of country the people want.

Large scale military conflict between the big boys is possible but not likely IMO. Long term grid failure is another possible but low on the radar for me, short term failures are very possible but you can prep for that fairly easily.

The biggest threat I believe we face is a Virus. We've been incredibly lucky with C19 given its low mortality rate, get a nasty variant evolve or a new virus altogether with a higher death rate and we're in big trouble. Take out 10% of the workforce and services would be greatly impacted, higher and things start to grind to a halt and stop and thats when it really hits the fan and we end up in deep poo poo.

better start reading the Darkside more >>> that improbable "large scale military conflict between the big boys" is coming on faster & faster - the US military has gone into overload in Asia - the similarities between 2021 & 1940 is freaky ....

PS >>> Biden's full-scale flub & flop at the G7 was even worse than ANYONE predicted - if I was Putin, I'd hit full speed and not worry about it and the Chinese just got more confirmation that brought the few nay sayers over to GOOOO!

Last edited:
I guess now I'm prepping for the massive cost increases in everything. Today I bought 250 gallons of diesel, tomorrow I have to buy a load of hay (because of the drought), next I have to get 275 gallons of premium gasoline (without ethanol) delivered, Monday at $4.42/ gallon. I'm picking up some lumber to finish some projects. Everything is almost double now under Biden than it was under Trump, and everything will keep going up. Just wait for Bidens masive tax increases start kicking in and businesses start passing on the increases to the consumers, us.

Thanks Biden voters. Please tell us yokels just how Bidens policies are helping us. From where I sit I just don't see it. Trump was great for America and for Americans, all Americans. Not just for certain demographics.

I’m prepping for Grid down very soon. These hacks of infrastructure and businesses are just test runs. The Corpse In Chief sent Putin a list of things NOT to attack 🤦‍♀️ and VP Kneepads is too busy shopping and redecorating the VP’s house to care about anything.
its only a matter of time......

The Corpse In Chief----great!

Grid down is a real possibility here and a cascade across a regional area is also possible.

I am prepping first and foremost for coming food shortages. The 3s of survival are simple. You need shelter, water, and food. I've got the shelter and water covered without making any preps however when the grocery stores shelves run bare a person better have there own grocery store in there basement. My main food preps DO NOT REQUIRE A REFRIGERATOR OR POWER

I'm prepping for my final retirement now. The kids don't want the ranch, fine, we'll sell it and go live on the coast somewhere and have a 40' boat tied up at the dock. What ever happens with the economy and whatever dipshit and the whore do to the country we'll survive just fine. After all we've been "prepping" for over 40 years now and much of our preps have been about an economic collapse. We're prepping for a communist dictator style of government too, which is (almost) here. This is the kind of country the people want.
Dad, it's me, long lost son, I've reconsidered my evil ways, I'm sorry, can I have the ranch???

It is certainly a viable concern in many parts of the country. I'm fortuanate to live in the state that has the least population and probably the best water supply
We're on well water too, and the best tasting water. I can't imagine being on community (city) water that could be shutdown or rationed.

Latest posts

Back