What are you prepping for?

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

robinjopo

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter is out shopping so she is picking up some exrta needles and thread. You never know what you will need to repair. Leon is eating holes in everything, so i need to sew all the time. Im too lazy to get out the sewing machine.

Dracos

God Like
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if carbon is carbon, I guess you can put a lump of charcoal in a ring and call it a "diamond ring."
No, charcoal briquettes are not activated charcoal. They will have some activity, but not like actual activated carbon or activated charcoal. But you can make activated carbon from them:
Thank you very much. You are absolutely right. It is sharing information with people like you that lead me to join this group.

Dracos

God Like
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you, but to address Robin's concerns, there are very cheap sources of activated charcoal.

Charcoal briquettes often have other substances in them--like hydrocarbon accellerants--to help them burn better.

Activated charcoal from the pet store (used in aquaria) is better.
You are right.

Helen Back

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I always thought I was prepping for economic collapse, or an EMP/MCE, but it has become very apparent that the greatest threat is the radical left. They are attacking any opposition on all fronts, verbally, mentally, and physically. They face ZERO prosecution, and if you fight back at all, they arrest you and prosecute you fully, while calling you a domestic terrorist.

WE ARE AT WAR

UK MP David Amess dies after being stabbed multiple times
UK MP David Amess dies after being stabbed multiple times (msn.com)

David Amess, a conservative British member of Parliament, died Friday after being stabbed multiple times, officials said.

Amess, 69, represented Southend West in Essex. He was attacked while holding his monthly “meet and greet” with voters at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea, British outlet Sky News reported.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Reaction score
My daughter is out shopping so she is picking up some exrta needles and thread. You never know what you will need to repair. Leon is eating holes in everything, so i need to sew all the time. Im too lazy to get out the sewing machine.
pins and needles are just one of the multitude of simple - but SHTF crucial items - that are no longer made in the USA - the wire they are made from isn't even readily available >> it'll be a good trade item

Latest posts