what are you doing to Prep?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageagle

HamRadio/Office of Emergency Services/Fire-EMT-SAR
Reaction score
Wanted to share this great site selling a smart and wonderful product that will be your best bud for many many years to come and all you need is your catch for the day, ie; squirrel, birds, fish, dog? maybe, anyway, besides the food you put in it the only thing you need is "SUNLIGHT", winter or summer. I'm getting the original Go-Sun Grill, sold out right now but are coming.
This I put in the most important go-bag I have.
Give it a look.
http://www.gosunstove.com/

Wanted to share this great site selling a smart and wonderful product that will be your best bud for many many years to come and all you need is your catch for the day, ie; squirrel, birds, fish, dog? maybe, anyway, besides the food you put in it the only thing you need is "SUNLIGHT", winter or summer. I'm getting the original Go-Sun Grill, sold out right now but are coming.
This I put in the most important go-bag I have.
Give it a look.
http://www.gosunstove.com/
I've seen similar devices before. I really like the small size for portability, and the fact you could cook without smoke would be good for security. One thing I would consider is making a tube or box for carrying it to protect the glass portion.

From what the dealer told me, they all come with a padded carrying case which he said it protects the glass well. Security with no smoke and lite weight. great if you have to get-away.
I'll get mine as soon as they get restocked.

Nice unit! it would make for a good backup though not sure how winters ambient temps here would affect it?

Currently this is my backup, very little smoke, a good little wood burners.

FullSizeRenderA.jpg

Nice unit! it would make for a good backup though not sure how winters ambient temps here would affect it?

Currently this is my backup, very little smoke, a good little wood burners.

View attachment 4518
Nice. I was impressed with the info on a rocket stove on another thread here too. All are good options. I remember a scene in the movie dances with wolves, the Indians were talking about the smoke from a fire, saying only a white man would be dumb enough to build a fire in the day for all to see.

There are plenty of good smokeless devices around. They are only as good as your thoughts when your trying to stay concealed and as brent said, in other words of course, if your trying to keep concealed you won't want smoke giving you away during the day and flames doing the same during the night. when I get my stove i'm going to evaluate it carefully during daylight and night time. Can't tell much during the day as to the light that might be visible from the Go Sun Stove in the video's. We'll see how that turns out.
I know from camping in some restricted areas of federal lands, I found plenty of good sized nooks in some huge boulders that gave us plenty of security at night. Even helo's that past over at night could not see the fire but then they were not looking for us with a FLIR, if so, we would have been caught.

there's 3 things that'll give you away,in which smoke and flames are the first 2.the smell of said fire and the food alike will do so as well.especially after the man made pollutants settle down a lot..

there's 3 things that'll give you away,in which smoke and flames are the first 2.the smell of said fire and the food alike will do so as well.especially after the man made pollutants settle down a lot..
Even now, the smel of a steak grilling will get my attention fast! After shtf , cooking, even after dark, would draw unwanted attention.

I have two ways of getting meat done on a braai or barbecue as you Americans call it. Nuked or Napalmed on a BBQ.
Arghhhhh! Where's my donut! Seriously, sear the outside of a steak at 500 deg. , and leave the inside bloody of any good steak! We did a thread on cooking steak here before, but some things are worth going over again!

Who's going to cook a steak when your trying to keep secure? I will not be cooking anything. I just purchased my third stash of beenie weenies, lol. I have now 482 cans with an expiration of 2 years away and a huge stockpile of other can goods that I can open and eat without cooking. I have enough to last over 4 years that will feed 3 people for that amount of time. Where they are located they will keep for longer with the temp lower than 68 degrees. Cooking anything will be a luxery when you have confirmed with recon that it is safe to do so and you should never cook anything after dark. You have to take advantage of the winds direction too and consider not only other humans who may see the smoke but the animals who can smell much better than humans and may also be very hungry and willing to invade your privacy and eat you too. I've seen recently because of the Rough fire here in central cal how just a small forest fire can cause animals of all types to migrate to where it is safe. They will travel miles and miles for water or food and when they are hungry and thirsty you can bet they will focus on the smell of a steak cooking and make a "B" line for it.
Why cook and risk so much when there are hundreds of food items that don't need to be cooked and have a very long shelf life. Better to be safe than sorry so I can open a can of beenie weenies and feed myself quickly and safely without worrying about animals who will get there long after I am done.
Cooking after dark depends on your situation and where you have bugged out to or whether you have bugged in. Being bugged in still raises a concern for people who are out looking to loot homes that people have left. they can smell things and see lights if they are on after dark. Cover windows with dark fabric like blankets and confirm the lights cannot be seen from any vantage point outside to be safe. Candles would be better but less light inside and also less light for others to see. Many have spoken about and purchased generators to keep their lights on. some things are better used later on after things may have settled down and the threat of looting has mellowed out a bit. Depends too on where you are bugging in. Is it in a city, big town or small town? Is it in the foothills or higher in the mountains? So much to consider and think about that is very important to your survival. Knowledge and your brain are going to be the most valuable tool you have. Gain as much knowledge as you can on survival before you are put to the test because there may come a time when you have to use your brain to survive rather than have time to educate yourself.

Arghhhhh! Where's my donut! Seriously, sear the outside of a steak at 500 deg. , and leave the inside bloody of any good steak! We did a thread on cooking steak here before, but some things are worth going over again!
Brent, you coock that steak ill watch your back, ill shoot any bugger that even thinks of coming close, you can only eat so much "beanie twinkies" corned beef and the likes, i will sure as hell find the spot and time to sear that steak. [emoji12]

i just brushed off 2 cans of vienna sausage..they sure was good.and yes,my dog loved what she ate as well.. :D
That dog must have been fed about 2 weeks ago, if she was able to take in two cans. [emoji12]

Brent, you coock that steak ill watch your back, ill shoot any bugger that even thinks of coming close, you can only eat so much "beanie twinkies" corned beef and the likes, i will sure as hell find the spot and time to sear that steak. [emoji12]
I'm with you on that one! I don't just want to survive, I like a little luxury occasionally too! PS, I think beanie weenys are kind of nasty.

PS, I think beanie weenies are kind of nasty.
I agree too but when I can't find a deer, birds or squirrel and my safety could be compromised by starting a fire to cook that venison steak and i'm hungry as an ox i'd open a can of "beenie weenies"
and satisfy by bellies thirst for "food". I don't look forward to having BW's on a daily schedule for weeks or months. I have them because they are good for a very long time and need no cooking and on daily recons don't take up much room and don't require any support equipment other than a knife to eat.
I would go as far as saying they can be a bit nasty if you've had a few days of them which I have but heh, they are food and when you are trying to stay alive you can't be all that picky, right?

Cheers.................

Totally agreed, was just poking a bit of fun, but i believe that you would grab the chance to sear that steak yourself, given circumstance allows it. [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back