what are you doing to Prep?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're already selling a lot of stuff; furniture, home theater system, lawn tractor and tiller and some of our gym equipment. I thought about selling some of my wife's stuff too, and I cant repeat what she said she'd do if I touched anything of hers. The 4 loads I already took was mostly my trapping supplies, tools and reloading components. We looked in to renting a large moving truck, like Uhaul, but I think it would take at least 2 trips more @ 2,000+ miles each way just isn't worth it.
And I thought 500 was bad!

anyone happen to know where I could find instructions how do make a cache tube??
just wanna prep in case they actually ban semi-autos here (that will incl even .22),I will be "burglerized" before I have to give my 10/22 to the cops.... ;)

anyone happen to know where I could find instructions how do make a cache tube??
just wanna prep in case they actually ban semi-autos here (that will incl even .22),I will be "burglerized" before I have to give my 10/22 to the cops.... ;)
You can use the proper diameter PVC pipe with the end caps glued shut, or one end could have a screw cap as long as it has good seals. The pipe, fittings and glue should be available at any home improvement or plumbing supply store. Don't forget to oil any metal parts and put in some desiccant packs before sealing the pipe. It would be best to bury below the normal frost line, if possible, and away from tree roots and other objects that may cause ground movement. To avoid detection by metal detectors bury it in a location that has a lot of scrap metal in the area.

yeah.what arcticdude says..and some place that's not so obvious when it comes to you.someplace where the cops or who ever would think,that you wouldn't bury something there..

That's just one way to hide a gun. I read an article where they talked about several good ideas. Furniture with hidie holes and false bottoms, do a Sheetrock cutout and patch it after hiding a gun behind it, remove a door moulding and place a gun behind it before replacing it. They went on about a lot of ideas. I think the best idea is to have a few different locations, so if one gets stolen or confiscated then you still have other resources.

I had already spent my monthly prepping budget this month, but got a great deal on something today. Since the fireplace was loosing more heat than giving, I decided to install a wood burning stove for more efficiency. I'm currently in the middle of that install. The rain is slowing me down right now as I think it's probably unwise to cut a hole in the roof right now. Anyways, today I found a set of gas logs to put in the fireplace. They were normally 338.00 but we're on clearance for 112.00! I'm a sucker for a bargain. I figure the logs will put 100% of the heat into the house, vs 90% of the wood fires heat going straight up and out the chimney. I don't know when I'll get around to installing them, but getting a deal on them was great. Now as long as I don't blow up the house with the propane I'm in good shape heat wise :confused:.

I had already spent my monthly prepping budget this month, but got a great deal on something today. Since the fireplace was loosing more heat than giving, I decided to install a wood burning stove for more efficiency. I'm currently in the middle of that install. The rain is slowing me down right now as I think it's probably unwise to cut a hole in the roof right now. Anyways, today I found a set of gas logs to put in the fireplace. They were normally 338.00 but we're on clearance for 112.00! I'm a sucker for a bargain. I figure the logs will put 100% of the heat into the house, vs 90% of the wood fires heat going straight up and out the chimney. I don't know when I'll get around to installing them, but getting a deal on them was great. Now as long as I don't blow up the house with the propane I'm in good shape heat wise :confused:.
Have you thought about installing some copper pipe around the chimney flute for heating water?
uploadfromtaptalk1445917795219.jpg

Have you thought about installing some copper pipe around the chimney flute for heating water?View attachment 4775
Nice setup. It would take some planning up front, but is a pretty simple concept. Years ago I wanted to swim during the winter, I tool a 12 v pump, some copper tubing, a battery charger and a charcoal grill to heat up a partitioned area on the pool step/entry. I'm not sure it was practical, but I did get a warm soak. I've stated in other threads how I feel about hot water. To me it's not a luxury, but is closer to a necessity :).

Its about 10:00 here.
But i do get up early at about 05:00 or 05:30
I'm up at 4:15am each morning, yuk! Been doing it for so long that even on days off I'm up. I do go to bed early too though, close to 8pm. I normally manage 8hrs of rest at least. Well, I'm off to get ready for work, have a good, and safe day.

The advice on the cache tube was right on the money. But I also like the idea of additional hiding spots, not just for guns, but for other survival gear as well. The old spot behind a picture may be an oldie, but it still works, as most think that's just in the movies. Behind mirrors is good too.

Checked out one of our bug out routes this afternoon, all still clear. How regularly do you check your routes?

Last edited:
no where close enough,for me..matter of fact.i need to just ride around on some back roads,to get to know them

We have to check them on a regular basis, because these keep popping up and in the strange places too. We want to avoid any confrontations while bugging out, but prepared for the worst.
uploadfromtaptalk1449167280173.jpg

Those structures look like death traps.....one of our summer thunderstorms would take that place out...yikes.

Had a car accident right before the holiday....so spent a few days repairing the other truck (the monster), to have a ride again.... Damn bitch had no license, no insurance, and was an illegal alien to boot...yay... (she basically cut across 4 lanes of traffic, right in front of me..nothing I could do). At least she was taken from the scene in cuffs. So basically, screws me (truck was paid for, and collision just wasn't worth it on it). Still don't know if it is fixable...but at least I got the other one running.

Truth be told, I like this truck (my truck) better anyhow, even though a couple of years older than the truck involved in the accident. It's a bit much, an F350 turbo diesel, and sounds like a damn semi...but it is much roomier inside when all 5 of us are going out somewhere. Plus, it can tow a gooseneck trailer or a bumper hitch one, which is nice. My kids dubbed it the "redneck limo"..... But took a few hundred bucks getting it back in order....(and it's a bitch to park sometimes, as it is a little longer than most parking spots, and just as wide as one.)

At least it looks like we may have a couple of new boarders to board horses with us starting this month. Could use the extra income about now. Just a bit leery though, as the majority of horse people are just damn nuts. But, we have also had a couple of decent boarders in the past too, so here's to hoping....

Yeah, got a little banged up, but could have been worse. I was able to turn a little at the last minute which really minimized the damage. Chances are, had I not, her kid would have died, and we'd both be worse off. As it was, all were able to walk away instead, though I did have some internal bruising and hurt a bit more once the Adrenalin wore off. I think my knee hit the dash too, and it hurts like hell. Still need to see a doc on it. Went to the ER day of the accident though, to check things out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back