what are you doing to Prep?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love beenie weenies..i grew up on them..but yet.i only eat them once or twice a month now,simply because i love them..

Last edited:
Joes right on about just poking fun here. Even though I really don't like them, go a full day with no food and you'd be amazed at what would taste good! Go three days and shoe leather might start looking good.

My recent "prep" is joining a youth division within the military here in Norway. I now have some military equipment and we get some of the same training as the army here. All for free!
I tell people all the time, knowledge is the most important thing you can acquire in life. You can collect all the gear and toys in the world and it can be lost in an instant. Knowledge is the one thing theft, disaster, or even a govt. can't take from you.

I love Beenie-Weenies too. They were my main food in Afghanistan. Haven't had them for awhile though, thanks for the reminder.
I was in during the end of the C-ration era. The spaghetti and meatballs were my favorite, smothered in hot sauce of course. You couldn't pay me to eat it today, but after a few days in the field, during winter, a hot can of that stuff was heaven.

you are all so right. The beenie weenies will be AFTER all the good stuff is gone and I may have to do some moving about so these little guys are easy to transport with me and when my shoes laces make me hungry i'll grab a can and have at it and I don't have to worry about cooking anything. Kind of like a mobile food, eat on the run.

image.jpg
I've bounced all over the forums on my efforts to make living without electricity easier, I should really start a thread on it. I spent most of the day finishing laying the slate tile in the area I am putting the wood burning stove. Tomorrow I will seal the tiles and may get to grout it too. I want all the fireproofing done before I set the stove and install the flue pipe. I had all the tile and cement board already, left over from old projects, so all I had to go buy was mortar, grout and the flue. The flue was a little over two hundred bucks, so that's my prepping budget for this month. It is coming along though. I did insulate the walls before the tile went up, but still have the rest of the porch to do before it's really weather ready.

Didn't do much this week except get moving estimates; 12k. Even after taking 4 loads myself and selling a ton of things too. The house should close in 3 or 4 weeks. I'm hoping the weather holds out a little longer.

Didn't do much this week except get moving estimates; 12k. Even after taking 4 loads myself and selling a ton of things too. The house should close in 3 or 4 weeks. I'm hoping the weather holds out a little longer.
I'm thinking bigger yard sale! Ouch! When I made the move to relocate here, I got huge estimates as well. I ended up renting the largest truck I could get and made multiple 500mile trips. With hindsight, it probably would have been cheaper to hire someone, or have that yard sale and just get new stuff later.

Not much on the prepping side of things. For the past month, Wife been in Cali taking care of her ailing dad and I have been up on the property looking after things, the grand kids staying up on the property reported hunters have been encroaching on the property and now one of my rotties was found dead (shot) The grand kids won't leave the property so I've been staying up there with them.

Not much on the prepping side of things. For the past month, Wife been in Cali taking care of her ailing dad and I have been up on the property looking after things, the grand kids staying up on the property reported hunters have been encroaching on the property and now one of my rotties was found dead (shot) The grand kids won't leave the property so I've been staying up there with them.
Real sorry to hear about that rottie, we had 4 and i bailed my eyes out each time we lost one last year. (old age) Hope you wifes dad gets better real soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1445788722524.jpg

Those were my first 3 and a Boerboel
uploadfromtaptalk1445788786002.jpg

Then came some pups.
uploadfromtaptalk1445788835758.jpg

Then our last rottie passed about 3 months ago.

I'm thinking bigger yard sale! Ouch! When I made the move to relocate here, I got huge estimates as well. I ended up renting the largest truck I could get and made multiple 500mile trips. With hindsight, it probably would have been cheaper to hire someone, or have that yard sale and just get new stuff later.
We're already selling a lot of stuff; furniture, home theater system, lawn tractor and tiller and some of our gym equipment. I thought about selling some of my wife's stuff too, and I cant repeat what she said she'd do if I touched anything of hers. The 4 loads I already took was mostly my trapping supplies, tools and reloading components. We looked in to renting a large moving truck, like Uhaul, but I think it would take at least 2 trips more @ 2,000+ miles each way just isn't worth it.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I lost my black lab about 15 years ago. He was my best friend and still think of him every day.

i hope the wife dont go round armed..:rolleyes:
(Un)Fortunately she works away from home and is gone for about 7 months out of the year. She'll be home sometime in November. She has every kind of kitchen gadget and cooking utensil known to Man. I think she inventories her stuff too, because if I even move something of hers she knows.

Latest posts

Back