What about the bodies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronc0011

Reaction score
I was puzzling over how things might play out in a SHTF scenario, thinking on the immediate needs and stuff that would need to be dealt with early on like securing various supplies So I'm thinking in the classic situation something really big and really bad happens i.e. someone manages to detonate a nuclear device and the country goes into anarchy So in this situation I expect by and large most public utilities and other services will remain intact. However it could trigger an economic collapse sending us back to the days of the great depression, no money no jobs etc. hobo camps, that sort of thing so goods like flour, coffee, salt, beans etc. etc will likely still be around.

So actually what started me thinking on this was the question of what to do about coffee. What happens if all the coffee goes away. How long will the left over stores in abandoned markets and empty houses last" then that raises the question of: If there are abandoned markets and houses are there then dead bodies laying around everywhere? And if so how do you deal with the bodies so you can get the coffee? That's when I found this bit here...
http://www.shtfmovement.com/shtf-misc/topic16057.html

It occurred to me that this would probably be valuable and important information, stuff everyone should at least be familiar with and aware of.

I was puzzling over how things might play out in a SHTF scenario, thinking on the immediate needs and stuff that would need to be dealt with early on like securing various supplies So I'm thinking in the classic situation something really big and really bad happens i.e. someone manages to detonate a nuclear device and the country goes into anarchy So in this situation I expect by and large most public utilities and other services will remain intact. However it could trigger an economic collapse sending us back to the days of the great depression, no money no jobs etc. hobo camps, that sort of thing so goods like flour, coffee, salt, beans etc. etc will likely still be around.

So actually what started me thinking on this was the question of what to do about coffee. What happens if all the coffee goes away. How long will the left over stores in abandoned markets and empty houses last" then that raises the question of: If there are abandoned markets and houses are there then dead bodies laying around everywhere? And if so how do you deal with the bodies so you can get the coffee? That's when I found this bit here...
http://www.shtfmovement.com/shtf-misc/topic16057.html

It occurred to me that this would probably be valuable and important information, stuff everyone should at least be familiar with and aware of.
I'm good on the coffee I have some put away to trade with and for my self I just vacuum sealed it but the body's I think where ever you set up camp if bad guys came in to your camp and you had to put them to sleep then you would ether need to bury them due to the smell or move them far far away and if you moved them that's when a wheelbarrow would come in pretty handy. I would not want any sleeping body's near my camp or house or what ever I was useing at all

I'm good on the coffee I have some put away to trade with and for my self I just vacuum sealed it but the body's I think where ever you set up camp if bad guys came in to your camp and you had to put them to sleep then you would ether need to bury them due to the smell or move them far far away and if you moved them that's when a wheelbarrow would come in pretty handy. I would not want any sleeping body's near my camp or house or what ever I was useing at all

Actually what I was thinking of was in the event of some sort of pandemic or something that cause mass casualties and left us with lots of bodies and no one really to take care of those sort of things I believe it would create serious health issues for anyone left to deal with it. I mean you couldn't stay in the cities but still just for the sake of coming into the city to forage it's still a concern.

...and of course there is the whole coffee issue.

Both my brothers company and mine took some contracts from FEMA after Katrina, we went down and repaired some motels for FEMA workers to live in while they helped. I will tell you right now its not a put them in the bodybag 1 at a time, where they are kind of deal, like you would think. We were told not to take pictures or say specifically what we seen there, but it would blow your mind. I have seen dumpsters for the dead animals, and I have seen them full. Who knows where the 705 still missing people went. The stench of a disaster area, is overwhelming, mind boggling, and forever unforgettable. I sit right here right now, and I can smell that smell, thinking about it. I finished my first contract, and did not even think of signing another, (they wanted to send us even farther into it.) I threw up 15 times a day seemed like, everything would be fine like your getting used to it then the wind would change.
My brother stayed for 3 months. I couldnt take the smell of half million pets pets, and millions of dead wild animals, millions of rats etc.
Like fordrocks said, anyone who could, would get rid of the bodies, anyway they could, as fast as they could.

LOL @ utilitys still being on. how? whos gonna run them?

bodies?

burry, burn, lyme, if you plan on staying around to do so.

ive seen videos of Veitnam, mass graves with lye poured on them.

probably close to what Hades went through. not for the sensitive or faint hearted.

coffee? thatd be your concern? LOL, tell coffee bye-bye!
its imported.
people have/will stock pile, but like gas, its only a matter of time before its gone.
6 months to a year itll be high commodity, worth BANK on the barter/sellers market.

advice:
buy seeds and do research on how/where/temperatures/soils/etc they grow and try n grow your own.

Krime I have like two years worth of coffee just for triad I'm hoping I run in to some one who can triad for stuff I need since coffee is a must for a lot of people these days I just don't have any sugar or creamer so I need to buy that.

Krime I have like two years worth of coffee just for triad I'm hoping I run in to some one who can triad for stuff I need since coffee is a must for a lot of people these days I just don't have any sugar or creamer so I need to buy that.
bees and a cow.
honey is a natural sweetner, ang cows=milk

besides, coffee drinkers wont be the only ones looken for coffee, coffee has caffine, like soda, tea, etc. anyone whos addicted to caffine, will want coffee, even if they dont drink it.

Guess I am lucky I don't like coffee, but I am going to have a hell of a time getting my Monsters/Rock Stars!

Bodies, yeah it will be a problem, and the stench in the cities will be unbearable I'm sure.
Mass graves i guess would be about the only way to handle them. I am sure those who die in their home and have pets (cats & dogs) will be come spot and fluffy's dinner.
I know that sounds gross, butt it is a reality.

Latest posts

Back