What’s For Breakfast? And Homemade Bread

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peaches do sound good, but still months away for fresh....I've got some in the freezer. Just took some blueberries and blackberries out of the freezer that I might have with lunch

Waffle made in a 1908 cast iron
D4274363-4C1D-4571-BC0C-828F74E4679E.jpeg
waffle maker.
My lemon curd turned out a little runny, but was really good on a waffle.

Breakfast is always my job. Sometimes bacon and eggs. Sometimes Oatmeal or rice with butter, milk and sugar.
Sometimes omlets with everything inside. Sometimes pancakes with cinnamon or nutmeg and homemade syrup. Sometimes our own smoked sausages, homemade toasted bread and homemade jelly.
Always with coffee in 5 different ways or tea.

I'm a huge breakfast person and can eat breakfast any time of the day or night..breakfast for me, is eggs (made any way), with any of the following: Bacon, toast, biscuits, gravy, potatoes made any way, grits, corned beef hash, ham, sausage, a leftover pork chop or steak. I'll even fry or poach an egg and throw it on top of left over pizza slice or pasta. I don't care for anything sweet for breakfast or fruit except fried apples or bowl of oatmeal on side (once in a while). I love omelets with about any kind of veggies, cheese, or meat I have. I admit, I don't follow any special recipes for breakfast dishes, it's whatever I have handy in kitchen that includes eggs.

I love Eggs especially Duck Eggs, its traditional to have eggs on a Sunday in the UK, I love them boiled but we're having them poached on toast tonight.
how on earth can someone hate milk and butter? they are natural foods not like some of the rubbish people eat these days full of chemicals and preservatives.

You have to try this recipe! Really tasty! If you want to make breakfast muffins, take out most or all the chocolate chips and add some of your favorite fruit.

View attachment 18528

I didn’t use that many chocolates chips.

https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/baked-oatmeal-muffins/
Yum!

I had eggs and toast. I am only "allowed" 2 eggs a week, but I could eat eggs every day. I love them.

Smoked salmon frittata with cream cheese and dill cooked in a cast iron, corned beef (another no-no for me) with poached eggs, and smoked turkey avacado eggs benedict with hollandaise would be three meals I imagine to be served in heaven!

We don't do breakfast around here much anymore. Mainly coffee and sometimes toast. We tend just to graze most of the day. A cup of yogurt, some cheese or peanut butter and crackers, celery and peanut butter, a cheese quesadilla with crumbled meat, salad. An early dinner around 5pm is our big meal.

Just figuring, we probably should get our bodies used to conserving as much as possible and finding quick no cook foods that can be prepared and eaten on the fly.

Latest posts

Back