Well I'm Starting To Hatch A Plan

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Dude

Reaction score
for WTSHTF...I'm going to prep to bug in for as long as possible...Then Be mobile when the time arrises...I think my location, WV will actually be a bennifit for once...

for WTSHTF...I'm going to prep to bug in for as long as possible...Then Be mobile when the time arrises...I think my location, WV will actually be a bennifit for once...
I am envious of those who live in states such as WV. Here in california there are so many people that every street/road will be blocked depending on the event that occurs. I also for see uber-mass panic. I hope that I will have moved to a better location by the time the SHTF!

I am from just ouside Beckley WV. NC now
You are good for many things,
Dupont and others in charleston are on nuke strike list.
but the mountains will still keep most out of direct blast area,
By deflection, if you have a few mts between ya, lol.
Mnts, will be your best friend no matter what happens.
Mnt people are more community orriented to begin with.
many hollers of southern wv, have been off the grid for generations anyways.
ample food, and resourses for survival.

Small world Hades !! LOL...I'm from Belle...My buddy's Dad retired from Dupont...I remmber they had a meeting back in the early 90's about a worst case senario for the plant..He said they came up with a plane crash in the plant...Being 18 and naive I thought well whats the likeliness of that happening....Wow it for told the future somewhat....

I know Belle, we used to jump off 77 at cabin creek and pick up our uh...... Authority unautherized party/recreational supplies in Diamond in the late 80s early 90s lol.
then drop down to E Riverview drive there, I think that was belle, pretty sure. and meet a friend who had a boat and go party on scotties island, till we got run off every couple of weekend lol, yep a small world indeed.

yep....you know belle...lol....i have partied on the same island....that area is an option to bug out..that smallmouth on my avatar came out of the kanawha riva

in my country where it's easily 90% urbanized and world 3rd most densely populated... bug out is hardly a choice... the only way for me to survive is dug in as long as possible and survive by looting the surrounding urban areas till help arrive or when it's safe to move...

This is what makes me like the fact that I live in the midwest and am planning to move to Alaska with a jeep. I can and will go anywhere on backroads and through forests and mountains. Yay me!

But I am doing the same...bugging in and then switch to mobile mode when needed.

I concur on the California comments! But i don't think anywhere on the east coast will be safe if the SHTF.... the population is just tremendous. Midwest is the place to be. I'm in NC now.... I should have stayed in Colorado!

Take a look at this map:

http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/explorer?view=raceethnicity&lat=38.6075&lng=-91.741&l=5
wont be so many dots after the first week, even less the second lol
prep for a month, and you will walk outside and think your on the moon LMAO

Its safe to say that coastal communities are F'ed when the SHTF.

Any thoughts on agreeing on one location and building a giant fort? or too many people to trust and get stabbed in the back? haha

Its safe to say that coastal communities are F'ed when the SHTF.

Any thoughts on agreeing on one location and building a giant fort? or too many people to trust and get stabbed in the back? haha

My thoughts are as they have always been, AFTER SHTF if I dont trust you with my life, your value is as a resourse, nothing more.
noone I dont trust enters my keep. do you want to be locked in a fort with 20 of me? lol

My thoughts are as they have always been, AFTER SHTF if I dont trust you with my life, your value is as a resourse, nothing more.
noone I dont trust enters my keep. do you want to be locked in a fort with 20 of me? lol

Trust is situational (sp)... i would never trust anyone with a family to do anything other than what it takes to protect their family... I know I would be gone in an instant, and possibly my entire family too, if it came down to who was to survive. Its nice in a civilized world, where you can live and die for you country, and know your family is taken care of (hopefully), but there is no guarantees when folks don't know where they are getting their next drink of water.

Its best to just trust you and your own, and use others as a resource, just as Hades says.... treat others as a luxury, not a necessity. This is survival instinct, not human nature, obviously. We all want to socialize and coexist, that is our nature, but in situations such as what we all are preparing for, we will have to go into survival mode to coexist later.

Trust is situational (sp)... i would never trust anyone with a family to do anything other than what it takes to protect their family... I know I would be gone in an instant, and possibly my entire family too, if it came down to who was to survive. Its nice in a civilized world, where you can live and die for you country, and know your family is taken care of (hopefully), but there is no guarantees when folks don't know where they are getting their next drink of water.

Its best to just trust you and your own, and use others as a resource, just as Hades says.... treat others as a luxury, not a necessity. This is survival instinct, not human nature, obviously. We all want to socialize and coexist, that is our nature, but in situations such as what we all are preparing for, we will have to go into survival mode to coexist later.

This is survival instinct, not human nature, obviously. you say.
I say human nature 99.9% . survival instinct.1%. Instinct is a reaction, like holding your breath when you fall in water. Humans have few survival instincts, Fear is a survival instinct. Thats usefull in an emergency.
Human nature sometimes says fight, Instinct says flight every time

If everyone in a group has food to share, but a single one has a pencil, it is enough to cause envy and eventual bloodshed lol.
Familys will be killed for nothing but the wives and daughters, thats human nature to some.
take valuables as you can, leave nothing behind you, that you have tolook over you shoulder for.
I think thats the biggest flaw in the average persons plans, they think in a civilized world.
The faster you are prepared to do the unthinkable, the better chance you will have of surviving.

This is survival instinct, not human nature, obviously. you say.
I say human nature 99.9% . survival instinct.1%. Instinct is a reaction, like holding your breath when you fall in water. Humans have few survival instincts, Fear is a survival instinct. Thats usefull in an emergency.
Human nature sometimes says fight, Instinct says flight every time

If everyone in a group has food to share, but a single one has a pencil, it is enough to cause envy and eventual bloodshed lol.
Familys will be killed for nothing but the wives and daughters, thats human nature to some.
take valuables as you can, leave nothing behind you, that you have tolook over you shoulder for.
I think thats the biggest flaw in the average persons plans, they think in a civilized world.
The faster you are prepared to do the unthinkable, the better chance you will have of surviving.

I agree that instinct is flight...hence preparation is to train that instinct to be fight...not flight.

As of now...ill take all y'all out with my judge if need be when shtf. muahahaha . Californians be jealous of the judge. ;)

Latest posts

Back