Welcome to MySeedCellar.com

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to take the time to welcome you to our advertised forum. This is a company I started from scratch when searching for heirloom, non-gmo, open pollinated seeds. In my discovery, I found a lot of companies offering large seed kits but really no variety. My business partner and I decided we wanted to not only have a kit for our prepper closet but to offer it to as many people as we could. We believe everyone should have the ability to grow food for a lifetime. With a little bit of elbow grease, lots of love and water, you can have a viable food source that can be renewed each year. Our Survival Seed Kit is the most popular item we offer and contains 30 different varieties of heirloom seeds packed in mylar pouches and hermetically sealed. We welcome any questions or comments and hope you find space in your prepper closet for an afforadble seed kit that will give you some peace of mind! We are coming up with new products every week and we promise to always keep our prices affordable to the average household. I look forward to having many of you as customer's and wish you all the best in the days to come!

As a special thanks and well wishes we are offering any member a $2.00 coupon code to be used on the website www.myseedcellar.com until 3/31/2013. Use coupon code: doomsday31

Thanks again and it's been a pleasure learning from all of you! Sincerely, Jeepgirl (Chris)

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
We do! We only charge $6.99 for each bank. We have shipped all over Argentina, Malaysia, Canada, Australia, Greece, Thailand, just to name a few!

Loomis

Reaction score
Really nice website. I admit I'm hopeless when it comes to planting. The soil here is so bleached out from UV rays nothing grows. Everytime I plant it's a total disaster. I tried to turn the ground over and the rototiller just tilled in place. The ground is so hard I had to use a pick ax. The dirt is like cement! I just gave up.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
Jeeze! I don't know if this will help or not but if the soil is hard with clay they suggest adding lots of compost year after year and tilling it until your dead. Of course you need good drainage as well. have you thought of a raised garden bed or buckets until you can get the dirt to cooperate.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
I also found this...".Try adding some gypsum. You should be able to find it in the gardening section of HD or at a large nursery. I tried it out several years back: 1/2 of new bed with just compost and leaves worked in, and the other 1/2 with same amount of leaves and compost *and* about 25 lbs gypsum (over approx 8'x16' area). It worked very well in loosening up the clay and that side of the bed still has better drainage and tilth thanthe other side."

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Very nice. Are you able to get hold of any banana cantaloupe seeds? They are an awesome melon and my seeds were inadvertently given to my hubs' parrot as a treat. Yeah, I was overjoyed to find that one out.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
They are awfully good. Love them and you rarely see them for sale anywhere.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
Doesn't certain veggies grow better in clay? Like beets? I saw a video of Chinese farmers picking lotus root and it was so messy, nothing but clay everywhere.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Root crops are a pain in the butt if you try growing them in clay. Got to have looser soil for beets, potatoes, and the like.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
cabbage and bok choy are tolerant of clay soils. broccoli and cauliflower....I would assume anything that loves water and sitting in water would do well in clay

Loomis

Reaction score
Jeeze! I don't know if this will help or not but if the soil is hard with clay they suggest adding lots of compost year after year and tilling it until your dead. Of course you need good drainage as well. have you thought of a raised garden bed or buckets until you can get the dirt to cooperate.
Yes, we did that with lettuce one year. When we wanted a salad I'd go out and cut some. But my neighbors cat ended that.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
Oh, that's not good. I just found my cat who lives outside and sleeps on the porch, pooped in my flower pots. I love animals but they do make it hard sometimes.

Bravery

Reaction score
Really nice website. I admit I'm hopeless when it comes to planting. The soil here is so bleached out from UV rays nothing grows. Everytime I plant it's a total disaster. I tried to turn the ground over and the rototiller just tilled in place. The ground is so hard I had to use a pick ax. The dirt is like cement! I just gave up.
Gotta love the red Georgia clay.

Bravery

Reaction score
I hope your business thrives!! I wonder at the stupidity of people... why would someone actually support growing a plant that you can't use the seeds to grow more plants? It's like you're reading a science fiction novel and the people in the story do just dumb stuff. "Hey Jim, let's gene splice this with that..." next thing you know... the Little Shop of Horrors. Maybe I'm being silly.

To sum up... I'm thrilled that you are selling non-GMO seeds!!!!!! Thanks.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
Thank you! It's such a simple concept. I wonder how much money people waste each year when they buy that stuff. I love self-reliance...I always think of homesteaders when I think of prepping and saving seeds it's a small part of it. Even the government does it (because they know even they aren't immune)

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
We are going to introduce a medicinal herb kit and a herbal tea garden kit. I will let you know details once the product pictures are finished! The medicinal herb kit will work in conjunction with our regular herb garden kit! Exciting stuff people:D

Latest posts