Welcome - Read Me First

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippa

Reaction score
HI all - new to the forum from New Zealand - the doomsday preppers series has just started screening here - seen a lot of interesting stuff - am thankful I live where I do (in some forms - such a huge population in the states- big cities etc) - one thing I have always noticed is that everybody 'cans' goods - yet these are all what we would call preserving - (in glass jars definately, not in cans!) and yet you all store these on shelves - in a good sized earthquake they would all be destroyed - I 'm thinking that anyone who does this needs newspaper bewteen jars to stop them hitting each other, and a strong rope meshing in the front of the shelving units to stop all the jars from hitting the ground

HI all - new to the forum from New Zealand - the doomsday preppers series has just started screening here - seen a lot of interesting stuff - am thankful I live where I do (in some forms - such a huge population in the states- big cities etc) - one thing I have always noticed is that everybody 'cans' goods - yet these are all what we would call preserving - (in glass jars definately, not in cans!) and yet you all store these on shelves - in a good sized earthquake they would all be destroyed - I 'm thinking that anyone who does this needs newspaper bewteen jars to stop them hitting each other, and a strong rope meshing in the front of the shelving units to stop all the jars from hitting the ground

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I have never done the whole "canning" thing, and since I live in earthquake country, I definitely have to be careful of what I buy, and where I would store it.

Welcome pippa!
if you need anything feel free to ask!

as far as "canning", ive stated many times my opinion on this, that unless you live in a remote secluded, easy to defend area, have a group to help you defend, or have a bunker, i dont really think stocking mass amounts of food or/and an arsinal of weapons is a great idea. IMHO, anyone who does, is prepping for someone else to take.
many people think just cause they have guns their safe, but you gotta remember, a single person can only fire 2 guns tops, but if you have 8 people coming at you, your odds arnt that great of surviving, and thats all what we're here to do right?
your suggestions, however i think are great, for those that do canning.

Latest posts

Back