Welcome Lady Preppers!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, bexarprepper is awesome. Learned to can cheese at home by watching her.

Yup another Lady prepper here.

Lets see Have just begun our container gardens of beets, potatoes, carrots, turnip, cabbage.

We have chickens, quail and eggs also rabbits if needed.

Have made our bob's but Reworking them for a 15 yr old girl, 3yr girl and myself. The hubbys bag is always packed in his truck.

I have learned to sew, and use a sewing machine to make basic clothes.

Learned how to make soap.

Canning everything I can get my hands on.

I don't carry a fire arm, but do use a 150 lb crossbow, and longbow.(Not into having to register myself under the government, so they know anything.)

Our prob here is
1, I live on a island off an Island 5miles by 9 miles. Ferry is government run. So to go or to stay. To leave the Island means a line up that could be days to get off and deal with government the whole time.
so option two bug out at home then, move to hidden location on our little Island till the smoke settles.

Are you allowed to have your own boat for transportation?
Well my father built one a couple years back before our fisheries died. So he is now thinking of bringing it back home to see if he can restore it. So that would be an option. But to get out of here with five adults and a little one, he figures it would take two trips including supplies. Unless as he puts it "He BORROWS another boat" lol.

I hope that the boat can come home and be restored. I would hate to be on an island, I'd feel stranded, but that is just me.

We normally dont get off the Island here more then one day a month. So stranded for me would be stick here for a couple months. But in a SHTF way of thinking about it depends on how many families leave the Island first. we have roughly five thousand people here. And the trans Canada highway is a twenty min drive once we hit the shore.

Hello ladies, (and gents too if you are reading this)

I am new to the site and fairly new to prepping. I did recently discuss it with my mom and I think she thinks I am crazy but if things are bad she will be glad that I did this and we are prepared. My husband is on board and has started doing the boy things. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

howdy jchelle .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Has this thread died? Are ther no more female preppers? I am from South Africa and have been fending for myself for many years now. Girls, we all can do as much as the boys (no offence to the boys) and we do have to think about the same things:
  • Survive whtever comes our way
  • Rebuild from scrach if needed
Prepering a food store has the same importance like defending yourself. Please my fellow ladies, if you do not have a firearm, get one today! If you do not know how to life of the land - learn - today! Ther will be the day you have to stand your man (wondering where this phrase came from). We girls have to stand together!

Hi, I'm Daniela, and I'm also an XX-prepper :)

I got into the idea of being super self-reliant and also responsible during emergencies after the experience of Hurricane Sandy back in 2012. Ever since then I've been working on creating goTenna, which is a little device that turns your smartphone (or any iOS or Android device -- even an iPod!) into an off-grid communication tool. You pair it wirelessly to your phone and you can text and share your location (on offline maps) with anyone else who has goTenna. No satellites, wifi, or towers required! :)

Glad to see there's a womens' forum on here. I sometimes feel "prepping" is gendered for no good reason. Everyone should prepare!

Yeah there are a lot of guys here, but plenty of females too! Our goal is to be as self sufficient as possible. We grow and raise our own and preserve what we have for long term. Ain't nothing worst than to be caught with nothing and not prepared for the worst case scenario.

Good to hear there are ladies left :) Just checked that gotenna device - looks like a useful device for of the grid situations - at least for close range communication. What emergency communication do you use? Over here we have mobile phones, short range radios and HF radios (you need a licence for that). What would be good to have in a SHTF situation?

Hey. I live in Florida, USA. Am new to prepping. Have been worried for awhile now about what's happening in my country. I have been buying things that would help out in a shtf situation. Not too much in the food area though. I own some rural property that i have been doing alittle to, to use as a bol......Glad to be here. Oh, and here, people have ham radios that also require licensing to use.

We have one of those ham radio jobs, but I don't play with it. . . it's one of those guy toys and I am happy to leave it to them for now. If I need to learn, I will. I use my cell, but it is just one of those very basic ones and will not work with the gotenna. Guess I'll just have to stay within shoutin distance of the guys ;)for now. Hunny has one of those smart type phones though, but nobody lives within the, wasn't it like 3 1/2 mile, distance.

We have one of those ham radio jobs, but I don't play with it. . . it's one of those guy toys and I am happy to leave it to them for now. If I need to learn, I will. I use my cell, but it is just one of those very basic ones and will not work with the gotenna. Guess I'll just have to stay within shoutin distance of the guys ;)for now. Hunny has one of those smart type phones though, but nobody lives within the, wasn't it like 3 1/2 mile, distance.

So I guess you are not part of a prepper neighbourhood - fighting for yourself - like me - no neighbours around I would like to involve so in a grid down situation communication might work by shouting or walky talky. Guess the money for long range radios is spend better alsware.

So I guess you are not part of a prepper neighbourhood - fighting for yourself - like me - no neighbours around I would like to involve so in a grid down situation communication might work by shouting or walky talky. Guess the money for long range radios is spend better alsware.
Yeah, no prepper neighborhood around here, but I really like it that way. When the time comes, our four boys will come and son #2 will bring his wife. They all have skills of their own so will be a big help from shooting, hunting, & medical. Then we have a real good prepper friend who is basically family, but he is already here renting the house we have on the other end of our property. The boys have already nicknamed us the ____ Compound. It would be nice to listen to other communications though. Maybe be forewarned of a gang heading ones way, roadblocks put up, sickness in a certain area, etc. Think some incoming info would be handy to have and even beneficial.

Latest posts

Back