week of work

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
well as frm sunday i have a week of work so me and my partner and my 2 yr old son are goin to do some walking in the moors while my over kids are at work just need to get some new boots i ddont no bout anyone else but i favour safety boots with a good tread and steel toecaps and steel plated base over conventional boots

i dont no i wear steelys 8hrs a day on the farm ond walking constantly i find them ok plus we went to the lake district last year and wore them on a 6mile walk carrying my 1yr old son at the time n found them quite comfortable supose each to there own no one person is the same.

i dont no i wear steelys 8hrs a day on the farm ond walking constantly i find them ok plus we went to the lake district last year and wore them on a 6mile walk carrying my 1yr old son at the time n found them quite comfortable supose each to there own no one person is the same.
Ya, you will find that a lot, I say what ever works for the individual.

How does you partner like walking in the moors?

shes abit new to it as she is a towny were as ive bin brought up in the country and as a child my sundays were going on 7 to 8 mile walks which at the time were not fun but now i should have enjoyed them

Phew, what a relief.
I was just fishing.
I am so glad you and her are able to enjoy them.
The term partners in US has became contravertial as of late.

There is an advantage to steel toed from a defense point of view. However, for long walks they aren't the most practical things out there.
tbh, it all depends on which ones you get as well.
if you pay the $200-$300 for a good pair, they are quite comfortale to walk in.
however not a pleasure to swim with. i know weird to say right? but im an avid cliff jumper (into water) and one must wear the proper foot equipment while climbing back up.

also, watch them steel toes as well, if you drop something too heavy, it could bend the steel and cut off your toes. ive never seen this happen, but ive heard of a few cases.

me personally, i favor the Dr. Martins.

only prob wit steeleys is usualy when tings land on the toe caps it slides off and lands on the top of your foot

however not a pleasure to swim with. i know weird to say right? but im an avid cliff jumper (into water) and one must wear the proper foot equipment while climbing back up.

also, watch them steel toes as well, if you drop something too heavy, it could bend the steel and cut off your toes. ive never seen this happen, but ive heard of a few cases.

Dr. Martins. Roger that, they rock.

I have had my timberlands for about two years now. I don't think I would wear any other boots.

Latest posts

Back