Weather radio

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prepped123

Reaction score
I was thinking why not have a wether radio becouse in an event the united states will probable be the only one effected by it so some one will be producing the weather forecast. So I thought whitch brand should I use

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS

THANKS

I was thinking why not have a wether radio becouse in an event the united states will probable be the only one effected by it so some one will be producing the weather forecast. So I thought whitch brand should I use

THANKS
I found this weather radio CL-100 Public Alert Certified SAME Weather Hazard Alert Radio for $69.95

imageloader.asp.gif

Sangean CL-100 Public Alert Certified SAME Weather Hazard Alert Radio at $69.95, with AM/FM informs people about severe weather advisories, monitors and warning conditions, civil emergencies, hazards, and evacuation details, so they can have more time to react before dangerous storms hits the area. When you're in a tornado path, seconds can mean the difference between life and death and that's when the Sangean CL-100 comes into play!

The CL-100 has a graphic LCM LCD module with excellent display quality and wide viewing angle. It can scroll LCD display of S.A.M.E. event information. In addition, the CL-100 has dimmer and contrast control adjustment for viewing the display in the dark.

It adopts digital signal processing (DSP) chip and features up to 5 station presets for each FM/AM band. Using the preset buttons saves your time when searching for your favorites. The CL-100 has an auto-station-search function. It scans all available radio frequencies and finds the strongest AM / FM signal and is equipped with RBDS capabilities, which the signal is decoded by an RBDS receiver and can provide a range of informational features including Program Service (PS) name, Radio Text (RT) message, Clock Time (CT) and Date.

The CL-100 has a built-in external alert output jack for other accessories (e.g. hearing/visually impaired, flashing light, in/outdoor siren/alarm). You can also set the date, weekday and time on a digital watch manually or automatically by RBDS CT set. A 3.5mm stereo Auxiliary Input socket is provided on the rear of the CL- 100 to allow an audio signal to be fed into the unit from an external audio device such as MP3 or CD player.
imageloader.asp

The CL-100 is a perfect bedside alarm clock. You can set dual alarm times and choose waking to AM / FM radio or HWS (Human Wake-up System) buzzer alarms. There's also a snooze button. In addition, you can also set a sleep timer from 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, to 120 minutes. The radio can be turned off automatically, so you can fall asleep to the music and then later gently awaken you with the news, music or alarm....the bass and treble can be adjusted as well to get the crisp crystal clear audio sound.

Features:
  • Public Alert Certified Weather Radio
  • Receives all 7 NOAA Weather Channels and Reports
  • Warning / Watch / Advisory Lights for 3 Levels of Messages
  • S.A.M.E. Technology (Location Based Weather Alerts)
  • Memory System for 25 Counties
  • Stores up to 20 Alert Messages and Sets Sleep Timer
  • Ability to Add & Remove Alerts
  • 5 Station Presets for each FM / AM Band
  • Dual Daily Alarms with Snooze and Waking to AM / FM Radio or Buzzer Alarms
  • LCD Dimmer and Contrast Control Adjustment
  • DC Power In Jack
  • Stereo Earphone Jack
  • Integrated Telescopic Antenna
  • AM Antenna terminal
  • FM/Weather External Antenna Jack
  • Aux In Jack and External Alert Jack
  • Ground Terminal
  • AC Power Adapter (Included)
  • Four AA Batteries Operation and Battery Back-Up (Batteries not Included)
  • 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
  • User Manual

THANKS
Checkout KAITO KA600. What I like about this one is the multiple means of charging/powering the radio... and it's digital too. They have an analog one that is about $20-$30 cheaper.

I am very interested in reading what others say about the Weather Radios out there.

Model: KA600

Dynamo & Solar Powered Radio with all the Dream Features, all in Digital with RDS on FM stations

A perfect radio for emergencies and disasters, it comes with all the features that you need in any emergency situation. It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator. The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well. To maximize the sunlight’s rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time. On the bottom side of the solar panel is a 5 LED reading lamp that you can use in poorly lit conditions. The radio is built with a multi-function LED flashlight. The super bright LED on the side can be used as a flashlight.

The 7 Band Weather radio precisely gives you weather bands. The weather alert feature enables you to receive the alert signal when a disaster arrives.

This radio is world wide registered for a Design Patent, The register number is ZL 200930174984.0
Click here to See the patent

Specifications:

6 Ways of Power:
1. Dynamo Cranking Power: 120 turns per minute of cranking will power the built in Ni-MH battery pack with strong current and voltage.
2. Solar Panel Power: Under the direct sunlight, the solar panel will power the radio without a problem.
3. AA Batteries: You can use 3 normal AA batteries to run the radio for maximum reception.
4. A built-in Rechargeable battery pack.
5. AC adaptor charge from the 3.5 mm jack. (Optional)
6. Charge from a computer via USB port.

Lighting:
1. 5 LED reading lamp for camping and emergency use.
2. White LED flashlight

Radio Reception
1. AM: 520-1710 KHz
2. FM: 87.00- 108.00 MHz
3. SW: 2.30MHz-23.00MHz
4. NOAA Weather Band: 7 standard bands for all stations, PLL crystal control circuit for stable reception
5. Weather Alert: To be activated by weather alert signals.
6. Temperature
7. Thermometer
8. 2 Alarm Clocks
9. Sleep Mode up to 90 minutes and infinity.
10. 100 Memories on all bands
11. Radios Size: 9 1/2"X 6"X 2 1/2"

DSC_0769S.jpg

Optional:
1. Earphone
2. USB Cord

AC adaptor is an option, you can order online.

Checkout KAITO KA600. What I like about this one is the multiple means of charging/powering the radio... and it's digital too. They have an analog one that is about $20-$30 cheaper.

I am very interested in reading what others say about the Weather Radios out there.

Dynamo & Solar Powered Radio with all the Dream Features, all in Digital with RDS on FM stations

A perfect radio for emergencies and disasters, it comes with all the features that you need in any emergency situation. It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator. The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well. To maximize the sunlight’s rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time. On the bottom side of the solar panel is a 5 LED reading lamp that you can use in poorly lit conditions. The radio is built with a multi-function LED flashlight. The super bright LED on the side can be used as a flashlight.

The 7 Band Weather radio precisely gives you weather bands. The weather alert feature enables you to receive the alert signal when a disaster arrives.

This radio is world wide registered for a Design Patent, The register number is ZL 200930174984.0

Specifications:

6 Ways of Power:
1. Dynamo Cranking Power: 120 turns per minute of cranking will power the built in Ni-MH battery pack with strong current and voltage.
2. Solar Panel Power: Under the direct sunlight, the solar panel will power the radio without a problem.
3. AA Batteries: You can use 3 normal AA batteries to run the radio for maximum reception.

Lighting:
2. White LED flashlight

Radio Reception
4. NOAA Weather Band: 7 standard bands for all stations, PLL crystal control circuit for stable reception
6. Temperature
7. Thermometer
8. 2 Alarm Clocks

DSC_0769S.jpg

Optional:
1. Earphone
2. USB Cord

That is a cool looking radio! I like being able to use different ways of charging the radio.

Specifications:

6 Ways of Power:

Lighting:
2. White LED flashlight

Radio Reception
6. Temperature
7. Thermometer
8. 2 Alarm Clocks

DSC_0769S.jpg

Optional:
1. Earphone
2. USB Cord

These are awesome. I have one. These are beasts.

Correct me if Im wrong, If you are bugging out to a different state, you will need to know the SAME code for that area to program your radio.... that may just apply to my cheapy weather radio.

THANKS
The onyly weather radio I have is a NOAA weather radio go it for 20.00 I am looking at the hand cranked weather radios

We have a few of them. One in the kitchen, one in the bedroom and one in the barn. I have no idea what brand they are, we bought them about 15 years ago and glad we did.

Great topic,I use my ham radio to listen to weather stations, as well as my scanner.But I have also been looking at buying a radio with am/fm and weather stations.I would think the most important things to consider would be,One that has multiple power sources ,Batteries crank ,solar ect,and Also reception, well does the radio pull in signals/stations is very important.

Latest posts

Back