Weather a man-made EMP or a CME I need some ideas and some professional opinions

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwrickster

Reaction score
All right I read a lot of books and I'm a very active audiobook guy with all emps and emps and stuff like that and they talk about prisons like when the power goes out after the reserve power goes out all the inmates will get released and overwhelm the the guards and then we have to worry about them guys is this true or were they stay locked in their cells to root

All right I read a lot of books and I'm a very active audiobook guy with all emps and emps and stuff like that and they talk about prisons like when the power goes out after the reserve power goes out all the inmates will get released and overwhelm the the guards and then we have to worry about them guys is this true or were they stay locked in their cells to root

I think that depends on when TSHTF and the security level of the prisons. I actually know someone who was in a Max prison for a short time years ago (they have changed their lives since) and they were allowed 2 hours a day out. The rest of the time their cell and unit was locked. There is actually a prison in Texas called "The Holiday Unit" and they have a lot of freedoms there.

So my guess is the Max prisons, without a group of sympathetic guards are going to be stuck?

with respect to the prison thing, I can assure you the doors do not open during power failures or computer reboots. Some of the older prisons are mechanical locks with secondary locks controlled by a lever at the end of the block. The newer ones that can be opened electronically will not open like that during power failure. Strong springs hold the locking mechanism in place and geared servos pull them open when the computer signals for that door to open. No prison, literally zero, uses electromagnetic locks that disengage during power failure.

I would hope they wouldn’t automatically open. My son is a CO. Next time i talk with him i’ll ask.
The real threat is when the food runs out. Minnesota's prisons, if I had to guess from being in their freezers on many occasions, they have about 1 month of regular hot meals (but they will cut the servings in half right away) and maybe one month of bag lunches @ one a day. If the generators/freezers stop and the national guard doesn't have refer trucks and fema food coming in, I'd give it two weeks. I can almost guarantee they have a backup plan with the national guard because heat and hunger in a prison is a bad mix.

The real threat is when the food runs out. Minnesota's prisons, if I had to guess from being in their freezers on many occasions, they have about 1 month of regular hot meals (but they will cut the servings in half right away) and maybe one month of bag lunches @ one a day. If the generators/freezers stop and the national guard doesn't have refer trucks and fema food coming in, I'd give it two weeks. I can almost guarantee they have a backup plan with the national guard because heat and hunger in a prison is a bad mix.
You can bet the prisoners will have food long after it runs out for the regular population

Well I'm just wondering cuz I have a son that just went to prison right now but it was just over b******* stuff he had a probation revolt because he had a couple felonies for selling weed and he would do to get off but he missed a couple of his reports to the PO so she revoked them so now he's got two years in there so that means I got to get in there and get them

Well I'm just wondering cuz I have a son that just went to prison right now but it was just over b******* stuff he had a probation revolt because he had a couple felonies for selling weed and he would do to get off but he missed a couple of his reports to the PO so she revoked them so now he's got two years in there so that means I got to get in there and get them
Prison might not be a bad place to be as long as the food keeps coming. Enough concrete to stop gamma rays, dedicated water tower, government medical resources, etc. If I was in prison during a nuclear attack, my biggest fear would be the idiots that rebel by flushing towels down the toilet. The fallout will keep people from getting out to the poo grinders to un-jam them and the shit will back up quick!

all depends on the severity of the SHTF - IF - it was serious enough that communication with the state/FED prison overlords wasn't possible - the warden could take independent action >>> but everyone is on a local level - warden, guards, staff, ect ect - Think they are releasing anyone inherently dangerous beyond belief?

I think if the SHTF was severe - need to make some decisions on decreasing the prison population - I think the warden would use the records and the guard's judgement to grant release pardons to a portion - transport them to the nearest train/bus depot >>> the rest would stay in lockdown and tended to as long as possible - a possible mass execution for a humanity ending ....

You can bet the prisoners will have food long after it runs out for the regular population

wouldn't count on that - Sisco Restaurant Supply has the greater majority of that biz - the more urban located prisons near the warehouse probably get 2-3-4 deliveries per week by the local route truck - the more remote would be a semi-load weekly hit ....

they go thru a crapload of food & supplies - they are a small town's population all to themselves ....

even if the warehouses keep operating with orders picked >>> doesn't take much for the Teamsters to call off work - doubt the more local prisons get any deliveries much less one at a distance ....

wouldn't count on that - Sisco Restaurant Supply has the greater majority of that biz - the more urban located prisons near the warehouse probably get 2-3-4 deliveries per week by the local route truck - the more remote would be a semi-load weekly hit ....

they go thru a crapload of food & supplies - they are a small town's population all to themselves ....

even if the warehouses keep operating with orders picked >>> doesn't take much for the Teamsters to call off work - doubt the more local prisons get any deliveries much less one at a distance ....
I can’t argue against this but I’m confident in this scenario, the national guard will be brought in to feed them if the dems don’t decide to simply open the gates and walk away

Latest posts

Back