Weapons?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the UK full of friggin pussies?
I just went over to a UK Prepping forum and saw this post...
View attachment 3980 I thought, WHAT! are they serious! When the SHTF there will be NO law.
They are even stopping us from DISCUSSING weapons.
If that's the case then I don't think I'll be visiting that particular site any more!
yes, I got banned from that particular forum for speaking my mind, apparently that wasn't allowed!! there are other Brit prepper sites not just that one.

Is the UK full of friggin pussies?
I just went over to a UK Prepping forum and saw this post...
View attachment 3980 I thought, WHAT! are they serious! When the SHTF there will be NO law.
They are even stopping us from DISCUSSING weapons.
If that's the case then I don't think I'll be visiting that particular site any more!

Ah Yes UKP often referred to as Unwanted Knitting Patterns in light hearted jest as at one time it appeared to be ran entirely by middle aged menopausal women who objected to anything contentious, I was led to believe that it had improved greatly in recent times, looks like I was misled. I don't use many UK forums not so much because of the sad, lame and lazy who appear to be attracted to many uk based forums, but by going onto prepper to prepper e mail groups you get no trolls or trouble makers. so there is less arguing and bad stuff.

One problem that still persists on many UK forums is the mistaken belief that Bushcraft and Wilderness Survival is " Prepping" when its clearly not, its only one small and useful facet of preparedness and survivalism, again sadly many in the uk think prepping only involves living in bashas in the woods eating slugs n snails and rubbing two boy scouts together to make fire.

the sad, lame and lazy who appear to be attracted to many uk based forums.
I had a very short conversation on another forum with a chap who lives in Bradford, West Yorkshire, a place that itself has a population of 293,277 and is part of a larger urban conurbation with a total population of 522,452, this person reckons he will be okay after SHTF as he "will share with the neighbours", I honestly wished him the best of luck with that and left.

again sadly many in the uk think prepping only involves living in bashas in the woods eating slugs n snails and rubbing two boy scouts together to make fire.

Many here think that too.
Most I'm aware of, are homeowners looking to bug in at their rural homes.

When you outlaw guns....only outlaws have them.....

Spot On ! That's why I have always said, our society started going down hill when man quit wearing Iron on his hip!

People tend to rethink things for when the playing field is even, " God made Man, Sam Colt Made them Equal ! " Shoot

I don't think I'll ever bother with any UK prepping site. The only way we can openly discuss weaponry is on US prepping sites.
Sadly due to circumstances, I only have the option to 'stay put' and fortify our little bungalow. Oh, and stock up on 'silent weapons'... I can't wait to get my first cross-bow.

Hah ask Big paul what happened when I eagerly bought my first CrossBow from Crossbows4U, a 150 pound draw beauty, two days later I was still in hospital and it took over a year to get back to about 80% fitness, that's why I sold the crossbow and bought a compound bow instead :)

To macho to read the instructions that said USE A ROPE COCKING AID !!!

depends on the crossbow I guess, I got an old Barnet Wildcat 100lb crossbow, stand it upright on the butt, put all my weight on the string, cock it no trouble(or as we say "piece of p##s") and fairly quickly too.

So these TV shows where people are rapid firing their crossbows are not quite realistic? :D

Yup unless you use something with a low draw weight it takes a fair old bit of effort to cock a 150 pound draw bow. Get it wrong and you face weeks of bed rest and testicles the size of oranges :(

Yup unless you use something with a low draw weight it takes a fair old bit of effort to cock a 150 pound draw bow. Get it wrong and you face weeks of bed rest and testicles the size of oranges :(

Thanks for the heads-up, I think I will stay with a Cartridge! LOL :) Shoot

80lb is strong enough for a cross bow . I'v seen the heavy pulls cocked and fifer fast but I'm not going to . I know someone that shot a deer with a 45lb compound bow and the arrow zipped through one side out the other and went out of sight .

Latest posts

Back