Weapons in SHTF

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Dixon

Reaction score
One of the many things you will want in SHTF is a weapon. From AR-15s to simple .22s, weapons vary in many styles, and can suit many needs. What weapon matches your style? Let's find out.

For those of you that prefer to be more stealthy while on missions, a Ruger 10/22 with a decent optic and a suppressor can suit your needs almost perfectly. Also, 10/22s have plenty of conversion kits if you want to make it an assault weapon. 10/22s also have a wide variety of ammunition methods, including, but not limited to banana mags and drums, if you can find them. Their report isn't overly loud, and with a suppressor, it will sound more like a BB gun than an actual rifle. This weapon is suitable for staying safe while trying to keep yourself unnoticed. It does have a few cons though. A .22 does not have the same range as .223 or .5.56 rounds, and would be better at a closer distance. Another downside is that the 10/22 isn't as effective on human targets from a moderate distance away. Another weapon for the stealthy is a crossbow. It is almost entirely silent, although the range is short, and the projectile will not be able to wound as easily any enemies. It is quite a tactical weapon if you are on the outskirts of a camp, or if you are trying to raid a store for supplies in which you haven't thought about before.

If you prefer a more tactical assault style, while not spending $2,500 bucks on a custom AR-15, there are conversion kits for Glocks, as well as smaller carbines like the Kriss Vector. A conversion kit and a Glock costs around $750 dollars, while a Kriss Vector can run an even higher cost. If you prefer neither of these, and you are willing to spend money, you may want to look into a custom AR-15 or a custom shotgun to suit you more efficiently. A bump stock can be used to make an AR-15 automatic fire. A shotgun is useful because of it's spread, and great role in home defense. Also, an M4 is a perfect choice too. Any assault rifle will work its function if you use it correctly and know what you're doing.

In the case you decide to bring up a new community during a disaster situation, arm most civilians with smaller caliber weapons, reducing the chance of bad situations occurring while also keeping the community safe from outside harm. If there is a "Sheriff" that provides justice, a shotgun or carbine would be a great choice to give, as it lets them use higher caliber weapons for more extreme situations.

This is my view on the weapon choices for certain styles of engagement for a disaster situation, as well as my view on arming a community. I am not enforcing these things upon you, so feel free to use what you would like in any engagement style.

- Sincerely,
Dallas

Dallas, where does this come from? Are you researching and then writing your own article based on your own take? Is this copied from somewhere?

sounds like a quote from somewhere else.
guns aren't the be all and end all, no matter how many John Wayne films you watch, guns are only good for as long as the ammo lasts, after that they are just a big club.

I would think that post SHTF, weapons would be whatever you have and can keep, and would be as useful as the people holding them are skilled. Do I want granny taking potshots at me with a .22 pistol? Heck no. But better her, than Jontte or Psalm7 with a FAL or something.

I think everyone will try to make the most of whatever they have, and most people won't have any choice when it comes to weaponry.

If the article is written to educate me, good deal. I agree, a suppressed 10/22 would be the bee's knees post SHTF.

Too bad I don't have a suppressed .22, that would be great. ;)

Latest posts

Back