Helpful Info. WD-40 applications for survival

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a kid, we used to stir up ant beds then torch them with WD 40. Dad favorite things to keep on hand was always WD 40 & duct tape. . .if its supposed to move and doesn't or if it moves and not supposed to. ..

Works great for fire starting or water proofing boots in a pinch. Every fall give the corners of the windows a spray and it works great for keeping the stink bugs out of the house and sheds. I've heard spraying a fishing hook with WD40 might help when fishing but haven't been able to prove that theory.

I don't use wd40 on leather nor wood, it has a tendency to dry it out. One thing to keep in mind wd40 isn't really a lubricant though for temporary uses it can be used for that ;) it's a Water Displacement/solvent it it's original attended purposes hint the WD in WD40.

A lot of us have used wd40 on fishing lures for trout and it does work :) though don't get caught in some jurisdictions due to some localities frown on it (water pollution)

WD40 can be used to clean metal guns (I don't know about polymer) but make sure you don't get it on wood (or exotic bone or animal horn) grips. Don't get it on fiber optic sights or leather slings.

The WD40 won't lube a gun, but it will clean it.

Latest posts

Back