water storage.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedjj74

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but i didn't see a discussion for water storage. Today i purchased two 15 gallon closed top barrels i plan to use for water storage. The barrels stored liquid fabric softener. I know i should have purchased barrels that held food or drink in them but the price was right and all the used barrels in my area either held chemicals from dairy farms or soap of some sort. On the bottom of the barrel in the #2 in the recycle triangle which i understand means HDPE plastic which is what food grade barrels are made of. My question is if i clean these out real well with bleach and baking soda etc. will they be ok for longtime water storage? well, i don't know if a year is considered longtime. For these two i was going to put new water in every year and use the "old" water for my garden. Has any of you used liquid soap barrels for water storage before? Any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back