water processing options

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
So next years big project will be adding some type of system to process the household wastewater. I have already built a eco toilet that doesn't use water, so the only wastewater we produce is from washing the dishes and when we shower/brush teeth... and general cleaning products (we use eco products). The EU/Finnish law is forcing us to put in something other than letting it run out in to the garden. The products on the market here are quite limited and I am not sure what will get past the planning department, but if anyone on here has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

So next years big project will be adding some type of system to process the household wastewater. I have already built a eco toilet that doesn't use water, so the only wastewater we produce is from washing the dishes and when we shower/brush teeth... and general cleaning products (we use eco products). The EU/Finnish law is forcing us to put in something other than letting it run out in to the garden. The products on the market here are quite limited and I am not sure what will get past the planning department, but if anyone on here has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Can you take a big concrete type culvert, turn it on it's side and create a filter with gravel, sand and charcoal, then let it drain out the bottom? It should come out clean.

or swimming pool sand filter like hayward. I'm surprised they complaining about the gray water unless the garden is near a stream? but many states here are clamping down on gray water waste.

We are near a stream but it seems the rule is for all properties. The only people who don't have to install a treatment system are the over 65's. A bit of an odd rule.

yup,this new rule here...it seems like you have to find a company that has "connections with our dear prime minister and his cronies the lesthadians"
and you'll get that septic system fixed in no time at all...

Latest posts

Back