Water for bugging in and/or bugging out

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Reaction score
I found something that may be of interest to some of you, they are called Water Bricks. We just got our first batch of ten bricks and really like them! They offer different sizes but all of them stack together like lego blocks. Each container has a handle so they are easy to carry in a Bug Out situation or for camping etc. They are FDA approved BPA Free with ultraviolet protection and MADE IN THE USA. You can freeze the the water or just store it. You can also store some dry goods in them but I would think for long term food storage you would need the oxygen absorbers (I'm still looking into that.) They are GREAT for smaller places, you can store them under a bed, in a closet, even put 4 together, put a board on top and fabric on top of the board and you have a nice end table. If you want to learn more about the organization go to www.waterbrick.org. The company reaches out to people in many places and emergency situations here and abroad. They are concerned about sustainability, repurposing and recycling. I can't explain all they ways they help so it would be best for you to see for yourself on their web site.

We did have to save up to buy our first set of water bricks. However, becasue of how they serve people we felt it was well worth the price to support this orgainzation as well as have some of our personal prepping needs met for bugging in or bugging out. (Two for the price of one.) It would be pretty difficult to take a 50 gallon of water with us in a Bug Out situation.

If nothing else, check them out for yourself, perhaps you will feel they can help you with your prepping needs too.
Blessings,
~Lindy

Thank you for sharing this Lindy. I'm going to show this to the hubs and get his opinion. Might be something to use for camping as well. Looks like I could get a fair amount of them in the forward compartment of the horse trailer where the saddles and other gear usually go. Would be good carrying grain as well, easier than sacks.

Yeah, Lindy. Thanks for posting this!

I love the idea of these bricks. I looked them up and thought they were great. You mentioned them being good for people in apartments and all. I think it's a great idea indeed. Even folks with large homes can make good use of them. Pointing out that they can be used for dry goods open ups a whole new can of worms, too. TONS of possibilities. I really like the idea of using them for tables. I would use a solid top instead of glass, but we don't use glass often anymore for anything. Breaks too easily!

Latest posts

Back