water Filtration

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a thread on this or not but I was looking at the Lifestraw but I stumbled on this..Does anyone have one and what do you think of the capability?

Sawyer Complete Water Filter System - 2 Liter

water.jpg

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Just get a bandana and some bleach tabs.

WilliamAshley

Reaction score
Hello all, I just got this survival filtration bottle as a bday gift from an awesome boss:
http://www.clearbrook.net/Clearbrook-Survival-Survival-Bottle-32oz-p/clr-n32-sur.htm

It does everything except viruses, so you'll have to use it in conjunction with iodine tabs.
This looks pretty good, what gets me though is that it doesn't say the micron size of the filter anywhere which is unfortunate. If I were going to buy this I would contact the company and ask for what size micron it filters too, I am guessing it is in the 2 micron to 0.2 micron size.

This is ok as an emergency filter but it doesn't do it for a long term filter which can last a million gallons

This does only 160 gallons

it is better than drinking out of a puddle, but it still isn't what you can get from a ceramic water filter.

Reaction score
I'd go with the other listing of 30 gallons just to account for worst case scenario. That's pretty good though. Keep you hydrated a month or so. The link for the replacement filters wasn't working but every filter adds at least another month. Pretty good survival bottle. Just because its just how I am and you still have the resources, test it out. Put pond water and dump out cycling 30, 50, 70 gallons through it. Take a sample to the water department and have them test it. It'll only cost you a few bucks and a filter but the confirmation of knowing it does do what you want it to do is priceless. Just for the peace of mind factor.

Latest posts