Water Filters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gracieboo

Reaction score
I’m looking for a water filter to take camping for under £50. We usually take water or there is water on site. I have life straws for emergency but don’t want to use them. We’re not going to a site this time but have a stream nearby. I want to have some idea of what using stream water, campfire cooking would be like with bare essentials. I’ve looked at some ceramic filters but they’re too expensive. Others don’t filter metals. Just wondered if anyone had tried and tested ideas?

I’m looking for a water filter to take camping for under £50. We usually take water or there is water on site. I have life straws for emergency but don’t want to use them. We’re not going to a site this time but have a stream nearby. I want to have some idea of what using stream water, campfire cooking would be like with bare essentials. I’ve looked at some ceramic filters but they’re too expensive. Others don’t filter metals. Just wondered if anyone had tried and tested ideas?

https://qualitywaterfilters4you.com...qmF-jL8fxoCySUQAvD_BwE&variant=31180291211329
Used while treking Kenya

Thanks Maudite but again not available over here. I’ll email them to see what the shipping costs are.

It’s a running stream passing through an organic farm. That’s what the farmer said anyhow, I’ve seen the stream further up looks clear. Not sure how ‘organic’ the farmer is though.

If it's "organic", the Sawyer will work fine.... use a bandanna, or a coffee filter to prefilter first. Sawyers tend to clog up with sand, and silt, prefiltering will solve that problem

Saw this as well, not sure if you’ve seen it before.
156F808B-50A9-4BC9-9380-6AEE65E643C1.jpeg

I use Royal Berkey and Life Straw Family and for personal use I use the Sawyer Mini System.

I have made using two 5 gallon food grade buckets and 3 BB-9 berkey black filters though 2~3 times the cost you're looking at just for the filters. questionable water I would filter than boil.

Berkey Filters filtering 6000 gallons
"Removing up to 99.999% of viruses and 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria in freshwater sources, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment"

Latest posts

Back