Water caption systems/water storage

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hades

.......I AM
Reaction score
There is a big difference in the 2.
Water caption would be the capture of free water from nature to use as nonpotable (drinkable) water to use for secondary uses, (washing dishes, washing people, flushing the toilets etc.)
Captioned water should only be used for drinkin/food after purified by boiling/ chemical process.

Water storage would most likely consist of the simple storage of clean water. The cheapest simplest method would be store bought water. (one could always wash out the milk jugs you already use and fill with tap water)

The average home generally has 1 option for captioned water, from the downspouts from the roof
That would be as simple as a hacksaw, a barrel with lid, some screen, parts from lowes to get overflow back into drain pipes.
I will get to lowes in the next 2 days to get some part #s

If anyone has any other systems in mind, I need to know your situation to be able to help.

There is a big difference in the 2.
Water caption would be the capture of free water from nature to use as nonpotable (drinkable) water to use for secondary uses, (washing dishes, washing people, flushing the toilets etc.)
Captioned water should only be used for drinkin/food after purified by boiling/ chemical process.

Water storage would most likely consist of the simple storage of clean water. The cheapest simplest method would be store bought water. (one could always wash out the milk jugs you already use and fill with tap water)

The average home generally has 1 option for captioned water, from the downspouts from the roof
That would be as simple as a hacksaw, a barrel with lid, some screen, parts from lowes to get overflow back into drain pipes.
I will get to lowes in the next 2 days to get some part #s

If anyone has any other systems in mind, I need to know your situation to be able to help.
where I currently find myself, capturing water is not an easy task.... Hazards of desert living.

Latest posts

Back