Water Bricks

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Reaction score
Water Bricks are good for bugging in, bugging out, building a wall to keep flood waters out of your basement or freezing the contents to put in your cooler when going camping or to a tailgate party. Go to www.waterbrick.org to learn about this great way to use this product and support an organization that helps people here and abroad.

Storage space can be a challenge no matter if you live in a home or an apartment. These bricks stack up like legos and become its own pantry storing water or dry goods. They can be laid flat to fit under a bed or line the sides of a closet. You can stack them two high and two deep, put a board on top, cover that with decorative fabric and you've created a sturdy end table hidding your supplies in plain sight.

There are so many options for these bricks. They come in various sizes but all are FDA approved, BPA free, and are made in the USA. If you need to bug out, each brick has a handle making them easier to carry. It is easier to put more bricks in the trunk of your car them it is to transport a 50 gallon barrel filled with water.

We received our first set and are very happy with them. They are kind of expensive but we feel they are well worth the price becasue they are so versatile and the organization helps people in crisis. The best way to learn about this product is to go to their web site and read about it for yorselves. We plan on saving up for our next set so we can stock them and give them to our family members for Christmas. We're thinking it would be a great way to dialog with family and educate them about prepping. If you decided to get some I hope they are as helpful to you as they already have been for us. ~Lindy

Do they seem pretty durable? I mean REALLY durable? Like goofy horse steps on it to see what happens durable? Hubs throws it into the back of the truck durable? Somehow it ends up being used as a stepstool durable? You know, normal day at my house durable?

I just stood on one and it is fine. Thankfully I don't weigh as much as a horse but I'm not light as a feather by far. SO they seem sturdy as far as I can tell. Lindy

Alrighty then. Maybe it'll hold up to Bo, that horse is the biggest goober on the planet. I'm going to have to go take some pictures of them for you. He'll play with a tarp for hours. If he were a human, he'd be all boy and he'd be the one who would always say "Hey, let's poke it with a stick!".

I love horses because they have so much personality! I miss having them around all the time. :(

Yeah, ours have personality coming out the ears. One of them loves marshmallows, they have to be toasted in just a certain way or he will turn his nose up at them. Lightly browned, not charred, and not too white. Same horse that when the picket line went down on a camping trip came to our tent and stuck his head in to wait for us to wake up instead of heading over the hills like everybody else's horses did. Yeah, ours are spoiled, but they don't run off.

Yeah horses are truly a mans best friend (not like my dogs don't love me and all). My horse used to poke his head through the kitchen window, and he always tried to come up on the deck surrounding our house. I miss him all the time.

I mentioned Water Bricks before, now I can speak from an unfortunate experience just how good they are. We have been prepping in general but we in live in tornado alley so we have been prepping for that to start with. All of our preps (except small bags in each of our cars) we put in the basement because that is where you go during a tornado. Along with other supplies we recently gathered we got ten Water Bricks, 8 we filled with water and 2 we filled with a variety of items so one brick held enough for 3 meals and snacks for 3 days for one person. We could stretch that if we needed to.

April 18 we had record amount of rain in our area, 6 inches within a couple hours. The storm sewers couldn't handle the amount of water and started to come up through our basement drain without me knowing until the water filled up the well of our egress window. The water burst through the glass pouring 5 1/2 FEET of water into our newly completely finished basement. The water crashing in sounded like a sonic boom and shook the floor for a split second. The water rose so fast it was like a flash flood. It took the firefighter 4 1/2 hours to pump out the water. They were amazing and everyone of them are volunteer firefighters. We are the only house on our block that got water because of where our house is in relation to the storm sewers. We lost 90% of our belongings and all the mechanical equipment the hot water heater, furnace and ac geothermal unit, freezer fully stocked, furniture and regular storage. The insurance is saying they wont cover the damages because it was a flood. We tried to get flood insurance when we first moved in 2 years ago and we were told we don't live in a flood plain so we couldn't get flood insurance. We had to get an environmental company to come in to clean up and one of the few things that wasn't damaged or lost was our WATER BRICKS. The lid stay sealed and the dry goods are still 100% dry, the 8 filled with water are still sealed there was no contamination of the water. These water bricks are GREAT for small places, they stack like leggos you can put them under the bed you can even make an end table with them if you stack 2 high and put a board on it. You can freeze water for a camping trip or if you have to bug out you can carry a couple bricks filled. Each one holds 3 1/2 gallons of liquid or 25 pounds of dry goods. They are BPA free FDA approved and made in the USA. They are a bit expensive but it is an organization that helps people in disaster areas both here and abroad. Go to www.waterbrick.org to learn more.

I would recommend the water bricks. We think they are worth the investment because we can take them with us if needed. We can't do that with a 55 gallon tank of water. If you live in a smaller apartment they are easy to store in out of the way places.

We were just recently cleared to move back into our house. The house had to pass several safety inspections. We are very thankful no one got hurt. There is much to do to clean up and get our mechanical appliances repaired. Thankfully it is not winter so we don't need the heat right away. I am very thankful to the members here who have helped me deal with all of this through their prayers and listening ear and support! We are still very overwhelmed and uncertain how all this is going to work out but it could have been sooooo much worse. If I would have been downstairs when the window burst I probably would not be typing this. I have limited mobility so I would not have been able to get out before the water hit the electrical box and outlets. The Firefighters told us the water was live so I believe God was watching out for me. We are a bit bummed because all our prep stuff was downstairs so we couldn't get to it when we had to leave for 5 days. All the more reason to have supplies in different areas. (The motto of a prepper should be Backup, Backup, Backup you plans in different Locations, Locations, Locations.) We just recently started prepping so we picked one area to start it just didn't work out. That doesn't mean we didn't learn more of what we need from this experience.

Do they seem pretty durable? I mean REALLY durable? Like goofy horse steps on it to see what happens durable? Hubs throws it into the back of the truck durable? Somehow it ends up being used as a stepstool durable? You know, normal day at my house durable?
Thats what I asked you about last month, something that sounds too good is usually not so good and would not hold up on the farm. I want to see one in my hands.

Thats what I asked you about last month, something that sounds too good is usually not so good and would not hold up on the farm. I want to see one in my hands.
I thought the same thing, I was skeptical. It took me months to buy them because they are not cheap.
(Ten 3 1/2 gallon bricks for $159.99) I probably read every word on the web site. I looked on Amazon and read every review to see if there were any complaints. My uncle in NC sent us a parcel that he insured. One of the items he sent broke during shipping so I thought I would use the insurance check to help pay for the Bricks. I figured I didn't have that item before so I wouldn't miss it and I would have money I never had to cover the cost for the Water Bricks so I wouldn't miss the money so I ordered them. I probably would still be thinking about ordering them had we not gotten the small insurance check to help pay for them.

I NEVER wanted to find out first hand how reliable they were this way. You could tell they were tossed around, there are some surface scrapes on two of them just because of the force of the water and them getting slammed into something. They traveled the full length of the basement from our storage area, through a doorway before they were floating on the opposite side of the basement. If I could bring one by for you to see and hold it in your hand I would but you live pretty far away from me. ~Lindy

Lindy, if our gardens do well, I'll be more than happy to bring you the extra produce and help you put it up to get your preps going again. It's not charity, it's what friends and family do.

I would want to do that if it would work out thank you. All this is such a mess. All these different groups are trying to prove it wasnt their fault they are trying to cover their backside. We are so tired. He isnt sleeping he stares into space and he has to go to work we cant think or keep thngs straight in our head. Im so worried about him. He is even saying things like it is his faualt becasue he didnt question State Farm when they told us we couldnt get flood insurance. Im so worried about him Ive never seen him like this. I need to go take a rest I hurt so bad. Talk later

My deepest sympathies for your troubles. I hope this all works out for you.
I would want to do that if it would work out thank you. All this is such a mess. All these different groups are trying to prove it wasnt their fault they are trying to cover their backside. We are so tired. He isnt sleeping he stares into space and he has to go to work we cant think or keep thngs straight in our head. Im so worried about him. He is even saying things like it is his faualt becasue he didnt question State Farm when they told us we couldnt get flood insurance. Im so worried about him Ive never seen him like this. I need to go take a rest I hurt so bad. Talk later

Latest posts

Back