Was your grandpa a prepper?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If my grand parents from both sides of the family were a live they would be considered preppers, homesteaders and off the grid by the main stream today. Though they hated labels and perhaps prefer the phrase 'we're surviving day by day season by season'

Today it's a choice yesterday was not for the majority, my grand dad quit school in the 7th grade to help take care of the place when his dad got sick and that was the key differences, folks didn't have many options and was thrusted into it. I wouldn't compare today's homesteaders and preppers to yesterday's. I wouldn't want to return to that kind of hardness were one looked 70 being only 40 years old. Many preppers romance the past and I do as well but not in an era were sickness and death were more rampant.

If my grand parents from both sides of the family were a live they would be considered preppers, homesteaders and off the grid by the main stream today. Though they hated labels and perhaps prefer the phrase 'we're surviving day by day season by season'

Today it's a choice yesterday was not for the majority, my grand dad quit school in the 7th grade to help take care of the place when his dad got sick and that was the key differences, folks didn't have many options and was thrusted into it. I wouldn't compare today's homesteaders and preppers to yesterday's. I wouldn't want to return to that kind of hardness were one looked 70 being only 40 years old. Many preppers romance the past and I do as well but not in an era were sickness and death were more rampant.
You’re right, many romanticize of a simpler life. The reality of just getting and keeping enough firewood to keep things going is more work than most do today. I won’t even start with all the other tasks that needed to be done each day, rain or shine. Medical intervention has increased the average lifespan greatly, but I think that just having it easier has as well. People wore themselves out back then at a much earlier age.

Latest posts

Back