Wanted to List HAM radio 4 sale, but can't post in thread

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KF5JRE

Reaction score
Well, I joined to list a HAM radio for sale on the forums, but apparently you want to make me jump through all kinds of hoops to have that privilege. If I have to fill out a profile and answer a bunch of questions just to post in the "for sale" section, it is not worth it. Y'all have a great life.

Well, I joined to list a HAM radio for sale on the forums, but apparently you want to make me jump through all kinds of hoops to have that privilege. If I have to fill out a profile and answer a bunch of questions just to post in the "for sale" section, it is not worth it. Y'all have a great life.
Maybe try asking Admin for help....
The, as you call them "hoops" are nothing special. I don't know too many forums that allow any J Q Citizen to sell items on their sites. In fact this is one of the few that doesn't have a minimum posting requirement.
And yes it is a "Privilege"
Even I abide by my own rules.

Last edited:
well KF5JRE...just like any other web site WE ALL join.we have rules here as well..so if you choose not to live by the rules here.then why join at all?

It was important for me to address this as I view it as an attack on my character. Otherwise I'd just let it go.

Perhaps it is because all the rules and regulations weren't made plain, right up front.
I have every intention of following "the" rules, as long as I know what they are.
I haven't attempted to, or broken, a single "rule" in any visit to this website.
Obviously I am following "the rules" or Clyde/moderators would kick me off.......

To further answer your question: it was too late. I had already joined. I had already wasted my time. THEN I found out I couldn't post in the want ads. I had looked at the website rules/info BEFORE registering and found no mention of restrictions on the want ads. If I had read that FIRST, in the websites info/rules, I wouldn't have wasted my time registering. Maybe I overlooked it, but, it wasn't made plainly known. Americanpreppersnetwork.com let me post in their want ads as soon as I completed registration. Most other websites that I have EVER used will also let you post in the for sale section as soon as you complete registration and verify your e-mail address. In fact, I cannot think of ONE that I belong to that wouldn't let me post anything right after completing registration. Even ebay....

I wasn't being "mean" or anything in my first post. I was frustrated that the rules weren't plainly stated up front and I had just wasted my valuable time. I was cordial in expressing my frustration, and, wished you all a "great life," which I mean. I didn't use foul language or bash anyone. I just expressed my opinion, which, last time I checked, was still legal in America.

BTW: I WAS gone for good until Clyde PM'ed me about my radio. If he hadn't of done that, you would probably never heard from me again. Even to answer this....

y'all HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Mark

here's another way of looking at it when it comes to rules n all..lets say you move from texas to calli.the laws will be diffrent..which means one thing thats leagel here might be illgeal there..same thing applys to the diffrent forums/groups and from diff web site to web site..thats why i have a look around before i start posting..this way i can avoid problems when ever possible.and if needed and,i'll contact the modrater/manager of the site if/when needed if i need to know something and/or have a issue.and no not every thing will be posted in the rules page/topic..thats why I go about things like i do..

I think you all need to look in the mirror before you start talking about me that way.

You don't know me. You don't anything about me except I wanted to sell a ham radio to a prepper so they could communicate after the end of the world.

I didn't say one disparaging comment about anyone on this site. It was YOU people who started attacking my character.

You are d_mn right I have a bad attitude. It is even worse now. All you who bad mouthed me can k_ss my _ss.

You got something bad to me, you come say it to my face and quit hiding behind a keyboard. I'm at 18 Bybee Cir in Huntsville, TX.

Mark

you know what mark?..we have at least 3 or 4 people here in this forum that are younger then you are..and if you pick any one of them,that person has showed a great deal more respect in one day,then you have ever since you've joined this forum..that alone tells me that you dont have any true respect for yourself much less for others..and i beleave you dont deserve to be a part of this forum because of that.

No disparaging comment? "If I have to fill out a profile and answer a bunch of questions just to post in the "for sale" section, it is not worth it."... We all believe this site is worth it to be here because we joined to be part of a prepper community and not to sell something.

"Well, I joined to list a HAM radio for sale on the forums, but apparently you want to make me jump through all kinds of hoops to have that privilege"... It is obvious you had one intention in joining which was to sell an item and you know that since preppers are looking for HAM radios, you thought "Hey, why not get on their forums and post it there and I would be able to sell it more quickly than I would be able to than on eBay... I don't even have to worry about my profit since there is no extra charge for posting..."

Your main intention was to SELL... This isn't a selling forum... Simple as that... We are all here to help one another and not sell stuff to one another.

And if you find this site "not worth it", why do you still come here and, as you say, "waste your time" to check out the comments that are being posted against you? Because "it is an attack on your character"? Hey, your first post was an attack on the forum and the community here so why wouldn't we react?

I re-checked the posts... No bad-mouthing here... you are the one who bad-mouthed everyone here (see my first paragraph)... so what are you complaining about...

If you comment on my post, this means that your ego can't accept the reality that you made a mistake by posting your ill comments about us and the forum and trying to make this a marketplace ONLY and are being told that you are wrong...

I won't say Have a Great Day since it would also be a waste of my time...

Latest posts

Back