Want to live off-grid?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marta Aliaga

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Hope you won't mind me posting this here. Otherwise - huge apologies.

Have you been thinking about building a new life off-grid? See the information below.

upload_2017-5-30_15-38-27.png

I'm unfortunately unable to respond to any comments under this thread, but please do message me directly or email our team on [email protected] if you'd like to find out more about this exciting opportunity.

Thanks and all the best - hope to hear from some of you!

Marta G Aliaga
Raw TV - www.raw.co.uk

I wonder why RAW a UK TV company wants to do this in the US when they could do it just as easy in Wales, Scotland, Northumberland, or on our Islands ?

I reckon because the market is higher here or we just got more foolish people here. I tried watching these survival shows and couldn't get into them, all I seen from these shows were absolute embarrassment. I'm sure these off grid reality shows will be the same way.

I reckon because the market is higher here or we just got more foolish people here. I tried watching these survival shows and couldn't get into them, all I seen from these shows were absolute embarrassment. I'm sure these off grid reality shows will be the same way.

Agreed when I saw the trailers for Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday bunkers I thought " at last a fair and impartial expose of our culture" I expected notable preppers like perhaps Jim Rawles, Ragnor Benson etc to present the series as EDUCATIONAL and INFORMATION.................... fer F888 sake was I in for disappointment, and the British version was even bloody worse.

Agreed when I saw the trailers for Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday bunkers I thought " at last a fair and impartial expose of our culture" I expected notable preppers like perhaps Jim Rawles, Ragnor Benson etc to present the series as EDUCATIONAL and INFORMATION.................... fer F888 sake was I in for disappointment, and the British version was even bloody worse.

I’ve come to the conclusion there is no way in hell reality tv crap can make a prepper show and have it resonate with tv viewers without drama, people would want conflicts, politics, guns, foolish prepping methods etc.. Years and years ago when only had 3 tv channels we would watch educational programming (no not shit like sesame Street) that I enjoyed but would be considered mundane by today’s audience.

Kids and young adult appear to lean towards conflict and violence in life and expect prepping to be geared that way, in other words stocking up to fight zombies and survive in la la land.

Like one program (the first and last show I watched) multiple family united and built a compound in arid climate, they have to truck in water for the garden, live stock, food prep and hygiene, while it made entertaining tv not realistic and by all accounts lost the objective before it even begin.

I’ve come to the conclusion there is no way in hell reality tv crap can make a prepper show and have it resonate with tv viewers without drama, people would want conflicts, politics, guns, foolish prepping methods etc.. Years and years ago when only had 3 tv channels we would watch educational programming (no not shit like sesame Street) that I enjoyed but would be considered mundane by today’s audience.

Kids and young adult appear to lean towards conflict and violence in life and expect prepping to be geared that way, in other words stocking up to fight zombies and survive in la la land.

Like one program (the first and last show I watched) multiple family united and built a compound in arid climate, they have to truck in water for the garden, live stock, food prep and hygiene, while it made entertaining tv not realistic and by all accounts lost the objective before it even begin.
Reminded me of Homestead Rescue. But at least they are real people.

Oh , there were some dandies on there for sure. A bunch of ignorant nut cases most of them. It was entertaining though. gotta take anything on the boob tube with a dash of salt.

Even Bear Gryllis is a bit much to swallow. I do like to see him fall out of a plane, jump from one tree to another or something. He seems to have to fear of death. Looks like he will eat anything that won't kill him no matter how disgusting. If they paid me enough I'd do it too.

Homestead rescue has been entertaining for me on the most part. Even saw a few tricks in there that I could do if need be. But, like all shows they do a lot of editing and make some home owners look like complete idiots. I do have to wonder how some of them survive at all. . .

Even Bear Gryllis is a bit much to swallow. I do like to see him fall out of a plane, jump from one tree to another or something. He seems to have to fear of death. Looks like he will eat anything that won't kill him no matter how disgusting. If they paid me enough I'd do it too.

Cannot handle Bear Grylls or Ray Mears, I prefer Major Les Hiddins AKA the Bush tucker man, a true wilderness expert.

Latest posts

Back